VPN Client configured and enabled but not showing in VPN Status

2024-07-04 03:54:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

I have configured a VPN Client to my paid VPN service like so:

But it does not show up when I view the VPN status window (I would expect to see it here?):

What am I missing?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Client configured and enabled but not showing in VPN Status
2024-07-05 01:28:17

Hi  @shawnolius 

If it does not display in the status, then it means the connection is a failure.

You should consult with the Surfshark forum and see if their VPN requires a modification to the file or it cannot work with the our router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:VPN Client configured and enabled but not showing in VPN Status
2024-07-05 04:27:11

@Clive_A Wow thanks for that feedback.

Odd UI design they decided to go for there...One would think a more intuitive design would be to have it show, and indicate a failure to connect.

But thanks, I'll see what I can figure out.

--Shawn.

Options