Limit characters in password for Custom DDNS
Limit characters in password for Custom DDNS
2024-08-12 10:07:19 - last edited 2024-08-13 01:50:57
Tags: #DDNS
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

Hello.

Is it possible to increase the number of characters in the password field for Custom DDNS?
The Duck DNS service requires 36 characters.
I use DUIA . us, but I would like an alternative and Duck is simple and well-reviewed, in addition to being free.
Yes, I know that 36 characters is a lot, but Duck's development does not agree with me. lol

Options
3 Reply
Re:Limit characters in password for Custom DDNS
2024-08-13 01:50:38

Hi @TiagoLoss 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can use the controller mode which allows more characters.

Please note that when you adopt the device to the controller, your config will be erased. The config from the controller will replace the standalone config.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-13 08:57:37

@Clive_A 

Hi.
I don't use the Omada platform. The character limit is on the web interface of the ER605 router itself.

Options
2024-08-13 09:17:10

Hi @TiagoLoss 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TiagoLoss wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi.
I don't use the Omada platform. The character limit is on the web interface of the ER605 router itself.

Thank you for the feedback. Please kindly wait for the future firmware which optimizes this minor issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles