ER605 DDNS registration

ER605 DDNS registration
ER605 DDNS registration
2024-08-20 18:21:38 - last edited 2024-08-22 00:46:55
Tags: #DDNS
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi all, new guy here, trying to set up a VPN server on my ER605 router.  I would like to be able to access my LAN and some machines on the LAN remotely.  

Step 1 is registering a DDNS and tying it to my ER605 hardware. Here's what I see on the ER605 web page:

When I click on the "Go to register" link, though, it takes me to this site: http://www.oray.com.  It's either the wrong site, or I don't know how to register a DDNS through them.  

Is this the right site? If not, what's the right one? (and why is my router sending me there??)

Thanks

Geoff

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 DDNS registration-Solution
2024-08-21 00:57:11 - last edited 2024-08-21 00:57:15

Hi @gdgross 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

DDNS got several preset providers.

Now, in the picture, you are using the Peanuthull. And registration will be done through their websites.

Oray is the English version of the Peanuthull.

If you are not planning to use this provider, consider a different one. DynDNS and NO-IP are both common providers.

Or you have a custom DDNS provider which is not listed. Use the Custom DDNS.

Custom DDNS Is Not Working

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 DDNS registration-Solution
2024-08-21 00:57:11 - last edited 2024-08-21 00:57:15

Hi @gdgross 

DDNS got several preset providers.

Now, in the picture, you are using the Peanuthull. And registration will be done through their websites.

Oray is the English version of the Peanuthull.

If you are not planning to use this provider, consider a different one. DynDNS and NO-IP are both common providers.

Or you have a custom DDNS provider which is not listed. Use the Custom DDNS.

Custom DDNS Is Not Working

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 DDNS registration
2024-08-21 15:36:13

@Clive_A 

Thank you - 

I'm happy to use peanuthull/oray, or whoever else to register the DDNS; I don't really care.  I just don't see where to do that on the oray. 

If I click the login/register button in the upper right, I get sent to a QR code that I need to scan to get an app, apparently? When I search for DDNS on the site, I don't see anything come up.  

What's the easiest way to register a DDNS address?

Options
Re:ER605 DDNS registration
2024-08-22 00:46:23

Hi @gdgross 

gdgross wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you - 

I'm happy to use peanuthull/oray, or whoever else to register the DDNS; I don't really care.  I just don't see where to do that on the oray. 

If I click the login/register button in the upper right, I get sent to a QR code that I need to scan to get an app, apparently? When I search for DDNS on the site, I don't see anything come up.  

What's the easiest way to register a DDNS address?

Go to a DDNS site, the prebuilt or customized, whatever, and register on their website. Fees may be charged for certain vendors.

Then you get the credentials to fill in and sync that. That's it.

The easiest way is to use the prebuilt vendors and go to their site and register based on their guide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles