ONVIF Certified/Conformant Products

2024-08-22 03:42:45 - last edited 2024-08-22 07:47:35

Trying to determine the compatibility/features of Vigi cameras against ONVIF 'conformant' tested products from this page:

https://www.onvif.org/conformant-products/

I understand this by no means determines product capabilities but give a general idea of what it can do and also guarantees a certain level of interoperability against third party ONVIF compliant products.

Only the VIGI C345 shows G, S and T profile conformance. There are more recent models that have similar advertised abilities, but only have S profile conformance.

Is there anything different with the C345? 

For example, the C355 which by all accounts has identical feature set to C345 is only S conformant

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ONVIF Certified/Conformant Products-Solution
2024-08-22 07:47:28 - last edited 2024-08-22 07:47:35

Hi @xmeister 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Probably for the early models, they have more compatibility.

For the whole time of the VIGI, we only advertise it as certified with the Profile S. We do not proactively advertise other types.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ONVIF Certified/Conformant Products-Solution
2024-08-22 07:47:28 - last edited 2024-08-22 07:47:35

Hi @xmeister 

Probably for the early models, they have more compatibility.

For the whole time of the VIGI, we only advertise it as certified with the Profile S. We do not proactively advertise other types.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ONVIF Certified/Conformant Products
2024-08-23 03:51:30

Hi @Clive_A , I read the new firmware documentation

https://www.onvif.org/member-tools/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2024/03/ONVIF_DoC_VIGI-C345_2.0.1-Build-240308-Rel.40065n_2024-03-11_11h35m0s.pdf

“Audio Output Streaming: Yes G.711: Yes AAC: NO". Does this mean that I can implement the two-way audio function by myself or third-party software through the onvif protocol?

Options
2024-08-23 03:58:13 - last edited 2024-08-23 06:11:31

Hi @lun1 

lun1 wrote

Hi @Clive_A , I read the new firmware documentation

https://www.onvif.org/member-tools/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2024/03/ONVIF_DoC_VIGI-C345_2.0.1-Build-240308-Rel.40065n_2024-03-11_11h35m0s.pdf

“Audio Output Streaming: Yes G.711: Yes AAC: NO". Does this mean that I can implement the two-way audio function by myself or third-party software through the onvif protocol?

Update: Model supports two-way audio with the private protocol. If it is ONVIF, then it does NOT support two-way audio.

I have checked this information with the team. Not with the ONVIF.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Clive_A , thank you for your previous response.

According to the documentation, C345 now supports ONVIF Profile T. Does this mean that I can send audio via ONVIF Audio Backchannel just by updating the firmware version?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 4

Related Articles