Connecting Omada EAP225 Outdoor to Deco XE75 Mesh network
Connecting Omada EAP225 Outdoor to Deco XE75 Mesh network
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP225-Outdoor   Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Omada v4.17.20

I have an old TP-Link AC1200 EAP225 Outdoor Access Point hanging outside

I want to connect it as a mesh unit in my new Deco XE75 Mesh network

However, my Deco app doesn't recognize the EAP225 as a Deco unit, and the Omada app is so old/advanced I can't seem to figure out how to do it

Is it even possible?

As a temporary fix, I simply renamed my EAP225 Wifi SSID to the same name/password as my Deco system, and at least my devices seem to connect and hop on/off just fine

The problem is that inside my Deco app, the EAP225 shows up as a connected client to my Deco unit (they are connected by UTP cable) and not as part of the mesh.

Any advice?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting Omada EAP225 Outdoor to Deco XE75 Mesh network-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Vista4000 

EAP can NOT work with Deco products to build a Mesh network since the Mesh mechanism between EAP and Deco products is different. Omada Mesh is used to establish a wireless network or expand a wired network through a wireless connection on the 5GHz radio band. We can use Omada EAP products to build a mesh network for indoor and outdoor places together.For more detailed configuration, you may refer to: How to Build a Mesh Network via Omada EAP in Controller Mode
In addition, if you want to know the difference between Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh, please try to read this article: TP-Link Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh™: What's the Difference?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Omada EAP225 Outdoor to Deco XE75 Mesh network-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Vista4000 

EAP can NOT work with Deco products to build a Mesh network since the Mesh mechanism between EAP and Deco products is different. Omada Mesh is used to establish a wireless network or expand a wired network through a wireless connection on the 5GHz radio band. We can use Omada EAP products to build a mesh network for indoor and outdoor places together.For more detailed configuration, you may refer to: How to Build a Mesh Network via Omada EAP in Controller Mode
In addition, if you want to know the difference between Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh, please try to read this article: TP-Link Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh™: What's the Difference?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options