cannot access static IP's if device is not on the same of 4 EAP (225's)

a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.1.6

I have four EAP225 at the latest release and level (5.1) and latest Omada SW controller.

I have a static IP wireless device (ESP32 with webserver, e.g. 192.168.1.123) that is close to one of my EAP's.

When I use my phone to access 192.168.1.123 when my phone is in range of this (same) EAP, all is fine

and I connect. When I am close to one of the other EAP's, I am not able to access my ESP32 webpage.

On my wired PC connection, I can obviously always get to my ESP32. so it looks like there is no

way if ESP32 and my smarthone are on different EAP's that I can access the webpage of the ESP.

How can I address this issue?

Thanks

Joop

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:cannot access static IP's if device is not on the same of 4 EAP (225's) -Solution
Friday - last edited Monday

@Vincent-TP 

Thanks.

I do not have a VLAN setup.

The ESP32 broadcasts mDNS "WallboxPlayer"  and I can access such on my chrome desktop browser but

since chrome for android does not support mDNS (no android browser does), this is not an option and I need

to go through using an IP address on my smartphone.

I have made some screenshots of my Omada Software Controller.

In the meantime I tam pretty sure I have found the issue.

One of the EAP's ended up on a different subnet (0) iso (1). so the ESP was on a different subnet as the phone.

I made them all static in the same subnet, now all seems to wrk, fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Joop

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:cannot access static IP's if device is not on the same of 4 EAP (225's)
a week ago

Hi  @JoopHeuvel 

Is there any VLAN settings? If they are in different VLAN, you may need to do some more settiings, such as mDNS.

How to Configure mDNS on the Omada Controller

Is this issue only happening on the ESP32? did you try other clients?

Please also share some screenshots of your controller, that will help us to understand better.

Options
Re:cannot access static IP's if device is not on the same of 4 EAP (225's) -Solution
Friday - last edited Monday

@Vincent-TP 

Thanks.

I do not have a VLAN setup.

The ESP32 broadcasts mDNS "WallboxPlayer"  and I can access such on my chrome desktop browser but

since chrome for android does not support mDNS (no android browser does), this is not an option and I need

to go through using an IP address on my smartphone.

I have made some screenshots of my Omada Software Controller.

In the meantime I tam pretty sure I have found the issue.

One of the EAP's ended up on a different subnet (0) iso (1). so the ESP was on a different subnet as the phone.

I made them all static in the same subnet, now all seems to wrk, fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Joop

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:cannot access static IP's if device is not on the same of 4 EAP (225's)
Monday
Happy to hear this. Enjoy your Internet.
Options