VR600 causing tablet to restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-30 22:47:56
Model : Archer_VR600

Hardware Version : (I hope that this is the thing) VR600 (EU) ver 2.0

Firmware Version : 0.1.0.0.9.1 v0074.0 build 170109 rel.59506n

ISP :

Hello,

I've been using a TP-Link modem\router (VR600) for about a month now, and so far it's been great. The speed is good, the connection is stable, however I have ran into a problem that I cant seem to fix by myself.
Ever since I've started using this device, a tablet that I own (Asus Z300) starts restarting itself the moment I connect it to the Wifi. It happens on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and even when connected to a Wifi extender, it will simply restart until I turn off the Wifi in it's settings.
I've tried using the tablet with other networks, and it works great. I even sent it to Asus and had it's MB replaced, and yet it keeps restarting. The last Asus rep I talked with said this is a known issue with TP-Link devices, and that I should try talking with them. Well, I did. The company that gives the warranty for TP-Link devices in my country wanted nothing to do with it, saying that if it's only one device that's having a problem then there's nothing they can do.

Now, i'm not looking to replace the Modem, i'm not looking to replace the tablet, I simply want to find a way to connect the tablet to the Wifi without it crashing all the time.

Does anyone here have any idea what I should try doing next? Is there any setting on the router\modem which may cause a device to restart when connected? I've tried looking online to see if other people had this problem, but so far I've come up empty.
Would really appreciate any help given.
Options
9 Reply
Re:VR600 causing tablet to restart
2017-08-31 14:09:43
Never heard of something like this. Would the Asus Z300 restart itself once, or it keeps doing that? Can you find out the brand or model of the wireless network card? You can go to computer management>device manager>network adapter to find out. BTW, what's the hardware and firmware version of the router?
Options
2017-08-31 17:09:35
As soon as the device boots it will try to auto connect to the last used Wifi, and when it does it immediately restarts. This will keep happening unless I disable the Wifi on the device before it connects.
As for brand, it's an Android tablet, so no such luck with the device manager. The only thing I could find is under "Wifi version" which is "va.6c.2" .

As for router details I added above what I could find.

I know this is a bizarre situation, like I've said I cant seem to find anyone else online who's experiencing the same issue, which is why I've come here.
Options
2017-09-01 17:16:29
That seems like compatibility issue. Try change the wireless security type on the tplink router.
Options
2017-09-04 18:15:33

Shield101 wrote

That seems like compatibility issue. Try change the wireless security type on the tplink router.

I turned off Wifi security altogether, still disconnecting.

I also did a firmware update to the router, still happening.
Options
2017-09-06 05:15:10
Well I'm in the same boat as you. I have an ASUS Z300 and started rebooting endlessly when connecting to the wifi on my TPLINK Archer C2 v1. So I chatted with asus support and they rma'd the tablet and replaced the motherboard. Got it back today and went through the setup. As soon as it connected to the TPLINK wifi BOOM rebooting endlessly again.

I have another TPLINK, TD-W9970, with wifi, so hooked it up. Factory reset my tablet again and as soon as it connected to the second router....BOOM....constant reboots.

So I factory reset the asus tablet again and tried connecting it to the wifi on my motorola moto G3 and I've been connected and using the tablet for about an hour now.

This is obviously an issue somewhere with TPLINK, ASUS replaced the motherboard on my tablet for nothing. Since the tablet is connected to my phone hotspot without issue I guess the solution is to buy a wireless router that isn't a POS. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from TPLINK products.
Options
2017-09-07 00:24:45
Well, it's good to know that i'm not the only one having this issue, I was beginning to think i'm going crazy.

I still haven't figured this out, talking with Asus again and seeing if they have any ideas since this is a "Known Issue" according to them.
Options
2017-09-08 04:28:23
I tried my tablet at my parent's house (a netgear) and at a friend's house (linksys) and both caused the reboots. But still fine connecting to my phones hotspot. So I called ASUS again and told them all of the testing I did and they said they needed to rma the tablet again and were sure they would be able to fix it. So when they ship it back I'll post an update.
Options
Same problem
2017-11-20 21:24:15
Hallo, I have same problem with Z300M and TP-Link W9970B.
Options
Same problem
2021-02-20 12:41:08

@CJ2  I also have the same problem between tablet IKU T2 an W9960 TP LINK router

CJ2 wrote

Hallo, I have same problem with Z300M and TP-Link W9970B.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1087

Replies: 9

Related Articles