Phone problems with Archer VR900v v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-11 12:52:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I purchased the Archer VR900v v1 xDSL-Modemrouter in the hope, that this device is better than my AVM Fritz!Box 7490....but I'm not soooo sure that it is...

It took my half a day to get it running as a normal Modemrouter working with my Internet-Provider NetCologne (here in Germany). I have searched more technical details at the Netcologne-Site and found the following:

The following specifications must be met:
Data VLAN 10 with IP assignment via PPPoE (PAP)
Voice VLAN 20 with IP assignment via DHCP
VDSL2 ITU-T G. 993.2, Annex-B/-J
Vectoring ITU-T G. 993.5 (>50 Mbit/s)
VDSL profile 17A
VDSL profile 30A (>50 Mbit/s)

Do all these specifications apply to the specified modem router?

Maybe some of you have this modem router and can tell me if telephony is possible or not with this device...

Thanks in advance

Hubert
Options
4 Reply
Re:Phone problems with Archer VR900v v1
2017-09-13 00:46:08
Hi Hubert,

You have the v version which is the one that does voice as well ( normal telephone ) , we don't get them here in UK , but I have heard mention of them on some forums ,
if you have got the modem/router side working then to get the voice bit working you need to add a VLAN on port 20 " Voice VLAN 20 with IP assignment via DHCP " .

The VLAN for DATA " Here we use this for streaming TV " would be another VLAN " Data VLAN 10 with IP assignment via PPPoE (PAP) " on port 10.

I had to setup a VLAN on port 101 for my Talk Talk broadband TV streaming to work , its very easy and only a few boxes to tick and then add the port number,
hope this gives you some clues , sorry I can't be of more help.

I have a TP Link VR900v1 and a v2 , I use the v2 for connecting to my VDSL from exchange and the v1 as an AP ( Access Point ) connected via LAN in the front room
as I live in a flint cottage and wireless thro flint walls is a no go .

These TP Link VR900 are extremely stable and are one of the best modem/routers available here in the UK , the wireless is superb , however they do fail to give
any Line Statistics of any usage ( see my other postings ) but apart from that I do recommend them wholly .

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?98606-Archer-VR900-v2-NO-STATS-!!!!-Whole-VR-Range-missing-Line-Statistics-in-GUI

Dave.
Options
2017-09-13 10:09:46
Hey, I found the specifications on the global website http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-15_Archer-VR900v.html#specifications
VR900v meets most of them. For the Data VLAN 10 with IP assignment via PPPoE (PAP) you can enable the VLAN ID when configuring the VDSL; as for Voice VLAN 20 with IP assignment via DHCP it could be some settings related to the telephony(VOIP), which I am not quite sure.
Options
2017-09-21 19:46:30

Dink wrote

Hi Hubert,

You have the v version which is the one that does voice as well ( normal telephone ) , we don't get them here in UK , but I have heard mention of them on some forums ,
if you have got the modem/router side working then to get the voice bit working you need to add a VLAN on port 20 " Voice VLAN 20 with IP assignment via DHCP " .

The VLAN for DATA " Here we use this for streaming TV " would be another VLAN " Data VLAN 10 with IP assignment via PPPoE (PAP) " on port 10.

I had to setup a VLAN on port 101 for my Talk Talk broadband TV streaming to work , its very easy and only a few boxes to tick and then add the port number,

I have a TP Link VR900v1 and a v2 , I use the v2 for connecting to my VDSL from exchange and the v1 as an AP ( Access Point ) connected via LAN in the front room

These TP Link VR900 are extremely stable and are one of the best modem/routers available here in the UK , the wireless is superb , however they do fail to give
any Line Statistics of any usage ( see my other postings ) but apart from that I do recommend them wholly .

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?98606-Archer-VR900-v2-NO-STATS-!!!!-Whole-VR-Range-missing-Line-Statistics-in-GUI

Dave.

Hi Dink,

sorry for answering so late.....I was very very busy the last time.

I understand that I would need to define VLAN#s for this model of modemrouter. But I have done this never before...so -maybe- could you send me a step-by-step tutorial and/or some
screenshots how I can define these VLAN's ?

Many many thanks in advance !
Hubert
Options
2017-09-21 19:49:06

Dink wrote

Hi Hubert,

Dave.

Hi Dave,
sorry for answering so late.....I was very very busy the last time.I understand that I would need to define VLANs for this model of modemrouter. But I have done this never before...so -maybe- could you send me a step-by-step tutorial and/or some screenshots how I can define these VLANs

Many many thanks in advance !

Hubert
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 649

Replies: 4