TL-WPA7510 LAN passthrough configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-13 12:57:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Product: TL-WPA7510 KIT V1
Original firmware only available.

I purchased a TL-WPA7510 kit yesterday and have been having trouble configuring it. The WiFi side of the configuration is well covered in the manual and videos, however the LAN passthrough is not. I have configured the main device to accept an address via DHCP, which it has done, though I am not able to connect to the network on the machine connected to the Ethernet port on the remote unit. I'm getting the APIPA address (169.254.x.x; 255.255.0.0) on the remote connected machine. When I set the address manually I'm not able to connect to the rest of the network. Can anyone help me out with what I'm missing in the configuration here.
Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 LAN passthrough configuration
2017-09-15 17:10:56
Do both powerline LEDs light up? If no, need to pair them. If yes, connect a pc to your router to test the internet. Replug the powerline. It should work if your router is working, no need to set IP address manually.
Options
Re:TL-WPA7510 LAN passthrough configuration
2017-09-20 18:42:24
Thanks for getting back to me. I have since found the problem, it was the NIC drivers/BIOS version. Updated them both and the cable is working. I have now discovered the extender is not relaying WiFi according to my WiFi meter. I'll create another thread for that problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 2