Archer D20 user pppoe required field must be null with my ISP connexion type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-16 21:44:59
Model : TP-Link AC750 Archer D20

Hardware Version : Archer D20 v1 00000001

Firmware Version : 1.2.0 0.8.0 v0049.0 Build 160216 Rel.60153n

ISP : Jazztel

Good Morning,

I need to save the pppoe connection settings with the null user and password fields because my ISP is validating it directly over the connection port.
Now I'm putting "pppoe" in the user field (anything I put it works) and nothing in the password field and it works, but I'm losing the connection every few minutes for a few moments. Then it reconnects automatically, i conctacted with my ISP for this issue and tell me that I do not have to enter anything in the user pppoe field.

How I can bypass the router validation? It's a required field and the router's configuration page forces me to enter it.

Regards,
David.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D20 user pppoe required field must be null with my ISP connexion type
2017-09-20 17:02:37
Normally need user name and password if you choose PPPOE. If you do not need that, did you try IPOE?
BTW, if the connection can be set up when you type in "pppoe" in the user field, it should be good, but the connection from your ISP is not stable. How about the lights when it drops connection?
Can check the downstream SNR Margin and Line attenuation in Status page and check the line quality.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 1