TD-W9970 VPN issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9970 VPN issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W9970 VPN issues
TD-W9970 VPN issues
2017-09-25 16:29:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have 4 TD-W9970 routers and am trying to tie them together using the IPSec VPN feature that is built in to them. The problem is that none of them seems willing to talk reliably.

Three of them are v1 and one is v2 and when I had a v1 as the central point, two of the others worked but the third wouldn't. The two that worked kept dropping and reconnecting the tunnels and weren't reliable enough to use so I made the v2 the centre point hoping that the upgraded firmware might work. Sadly, all three tunnels show as down.

OK, you could say that a router this cheap is probably not what you should be relying on but this is a main selling point of the model so it would be reasonable to assume that it should work.

Has anyone else had experience with the IPSec VPN on this model and if so, was it reliable or did it work at all?

Thanks,

Jools
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 VPN issues
2017-09-27 17:10:04
IPsec VPN on this modem should be site to site, you cannot connect 3 modems to the main modem.
Options
VPN Tunnels
2017-09-28 01:50:25

Anton L.Z. wrote

IPsec VPN on this modem should be site to site, you cannot connect 3 modems to the main modem.

Hiya,

Thanks for getting back, appreciate it.

On the spec page for this model, it says it'll handle up to 10 tunnels. Are these outgoing only?

Thanks,

Jools
Options
Re:TD-W9970 VPN issues
2017-09-28 02:35:17
Hiya,

Thanks for getting back, much appreciated.

On the page for this router, it claims support for up to 10 tunnels. Are they outgoing only?

Cheers,

Jools
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1016

Replies: 3

Related Articles