What device is best for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-07 19:43:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, i currently use the 300Mbps AV600 Wi-Fi Powerline Extender Starter Kit although i am concerned i am not getting enough signal and the internet strength is weak. The main router is in my house and the power line is linked up with the router and into my annex which is roughly 70ft away. I am soon to be going onto fiber broadband and i hope that this solves my problems as i am unable to use the internet in the annex although i am picking up the connection link. I hope this makes sense and would respect any comments on this as well as advice.

Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:What device is best for me?
2017-10-09 15:49:58
the power line adapters depends on the power system a lot. So it there is much interference the powerline devices may not work very well. In my opinion, I think you may take this opportunity (update to fiber) to install Ethernet cables in your walls to establishment home network. Otherwise, maybe you need to look for higher power line adapters like AV1200 or AV2000 but still, it depends on your power wires so can't make sure how much it can improve the speed for you
Options
2017-10-10 00:32:01

Enson Loo wrote

the power line adapters depends on the power system a lot. So it there is much interference the powerline devices may not work very well. In my opinion, I think you may take this opportunity (update to fiber) to install Ethernet cables in your walls to establishment home network. Otherwise, maybe you need to look for higher power line adapters like AV1200 or AV2000 but still, it depends on your power wires so can't make sure how much it can improve the speed for you

Thank you, i will wait for the fiber to be installed and if no longer, i will look at better powerlines. Thanks
Options
2017-10-10 02:38:25
"300mbps" powerline will give much lower actual speeds even at the closest location to each other. Maybe 40mbps typical.

What speed do you need? What actual speed do you get now if you run a speed test?
Options
2017-10-21 20:42:42

The Vogon wrote

"300mbps" powerline will give much lower actual speeds even at the closest location to each other. Maybe 40mbps typical.

What speed do you need? What actual speed do you get now if you run a speed test?

Hi Vogon, i have upgraded my broadband fiber and should be receiving between 40-60mbps on average. Unfortunately my connection in my annex is still terrible and i believe the powerline is no good anymore. It could be becuase i have had to reset it so many times? It has good days and bad days being one day it works perfect then the following day i cant even watch a simple youtube video without having to pause the video to let us buffer. Do you have any suggestions on what powerline i should go for? i really want to markets best. Thanks.
Options
2017-10-22 05:49:40
" Do you have any suggestions on what powerline i should go for? i really want to markets best."

In terms of maximum performance look at AV2000 adaptors like the 9xxx series. I wouldn't have recommended them until recently but with the latest 3.2.4b firmware they are pretty good.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 5

Related Articles