login data format for TD-W8970b attached to a T-Online ip-based DSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-13 23:18:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
today, my DSL switched to an ip-based connection.
On my router status page, I can see the connection. But, the router won't connect (authenticate) Do I have to change the way the login data is recorded?
Currently I use T-Online (Privatkunden)

That's PPPoE unchangeable pre-selected

When deleting the pope config line and create it new by using one of the other templates, I can't type in the Anschluss-Kennung, Zugangsnummer and Mitbenutzernummer.

I'm having the latest firmware installed (updated a few minutes ago)
Options
2 Reply
Re:login data format for TD-W8970b attached to a T-Online ip-based DSL
2017-10-16 17:09:40
The connection changed from PPPoE to others? Do you confirm with your ISP the connection type and what to put in the tplink router?
Options
Re:login data format for TD-W8970b attached to a T-Online ip-based DSL
2017-10-17 13:49:52
As the ISP is Telekom, there is no documentation for 3rd party routers. Only their own routers are documented (using automatic configuration) and for others you are directed to the manufacturer.

Btw. I found out the correct login information by chance. I did all correctly and the only thing I had to do additionally was to enable VLAN tagging with the digit "7" and everything worked like a charm. I wish, someone'd publish a short description for the FAQ on how to configure the router for Telekom IP based connections to help others. Knowing this would save me many hours of investigation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 2