[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
149 Reply
Re:[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol
2017-10-19 19:27:18

tplinkuser12123 wrote

My Ap is connected to my router by cable. So is it safe or not?

Just keep the wired cable connection. The AP itself is safe.
But need to check and update your Wi-Fi client devices such as phones and computers to get rid of the flaws.
Options
Re:[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol
2017-10-19 19:39:52
All clients are fixed. There are only windows clients.
Options
2017-10-19 19:52:38
So if I understand correctly, the TP-Link routers are safe? But it doesn't make any difference if our clients aren't patched (phones, computers)?
Options
2017-10-19 20:25:55

skyman wrote

So if I understand correctly, the TP-Link routers are safe? But it doesn't make any difference if our clients aren't patched (phones, computers)?

That's the point if you get deeper into the publisher's paper. The key reinstallation attacks mainly target the client devices. This is why some phones & computers manufactures such as Microsoft, Intel and Apple, are notified about the vulnerabilities in advance and patch their products at the first time that the vulnerability is reported.
Suppose a router has the vulnerability issue and already gets a fix, the issue will remain if your clients are still not patched. Many people have a misunderstanding on this case, regarding that get the router patched will solve all the problems.
The reality is that, routers that have vulnerabilities (802.11r enabled) should be patched, all the Wi-Fi clients should be patched as well to ensure a safe Wi-Fi network.
Options
2017-10-19 20:34:45

password wrote

You must have built a landing page which people could check their router is ok or not.

Great idea
Options
2017-10-19 20:40:38

tplinkuser12123 wrote

This is the part that confuses me a bit. Is this vulnerability at the OS level and not driver level? Many wireless cards have vendor specific drivers that are not maintained by Microsoft.
Article: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3233198/microsoft-windows/microsoft-shuts-down-krack-with-sneaky-windows-update.html
Options
Router Mode or AP Mode on my Archer C50
2017-10-19 21:25:16
ok after reading this sticky... can u provide me with 1) where to find instructions on how to put my Archer C50 in Router Mode or AP Mode?

thnx in advance for help with this issue! (i'm a noob, lol)
Options
2017-10-19 21:47:28

tplinkuser12123 wrote

Not correct. Android clients are still broken to all hell! Terrible support model that Google has.
Options
2017-10-19 21:48:14

moonster wrote

This is the part that confuses me a bit. Is this vulnerability at the OS level and not driver level? Many wireless cards have vendor specific drivers that are not maintained by Microsoft.
Article: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3233198/microsoft-windows/microsoft-shuts-down-krack-with-sneaky-windows-update.html

it is at the OS level.
Options
Archer C50 Router Mode
2017-10-19 22:00:26

plz provide instruction on how to put my Archer C50 into "Router Mode" or where to find instruction
Options