Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help
Help
2017-10-19 18:42:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just bought an Archer VR600 and I cannot configure with my set up. All I have is the quick start guide an the phone number on the tech support is not recognised. The Internet light does not come on on the router, despite teh fact the internet is still working with my old router. What is VLAN? Should I enable VLAN? What is MER? Should I enable this? My ISP do not seem to know anything about them. When logging in, do I use the username and password from my ISP or the password on the card with the router. Come on TP, some of us are pretty dumb and need more help than is offered.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Help
2017-10-20 18:24:43
My VR600 works fine since I bought it last month
Who is your ISP? Is DSL light solid on the router ?
any special settings on the old router?
Better double check the connection type, VPI, VCI , username and password that provided by ISP and configure the modem
Options
Help
2017-10-21 17:13:03
Hi Uutomi. Thanks for the response.

In answer to your questions:

ISP - John Lewis. (I know they are supplied by Plusnet. I have tried both)

DSL Light Solid

No special settings on old router. Just plugged in, followed very clear instructions and off it went.

Connection type? I am an ignoramus in these areas. I don't know. I don't know what VPI and VCI are.

I have used the ISP passwords from my old router. I don't know how to configure the modem.

Told you I was dumb.
Options
Re:Help
2017-10-23 18:19:23
when you go to the quick setup, during the process, need to fill in some info, such as PPP username , password, choose connection type , all the info need to provided by ISP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 3

Related Articles