All lights on my tp-link td-w8968 not switching on with its own power cable and flashing / blinking with other modem power cables

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

All lights on my tp-link td-w8968 not switching on with its own power cable and flashing / blinking with other modem power cables

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-23 18:30:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Around the date 20/10/2017 my tp-link tdw8968 gone crazy after a thunderstorm. I have switched it off when the thunderstorm started. But the power cable and the telephone line was attached to it. The next day i checked that power cable is not switching the modem on. I tried multiple times but in vain. Then i tried my cousin's modem power cable with similar voltage and current rating and same pin. All the lights of the modem keeps blinking only with that power cable. So, is this a problem with the modem or the power cable ? can i get a original power cable of this particular modem somewhere? Or my modem is broken beyond repair??? Please help :(
Options
6 Reply
Re:All lights on my tp-link td-w8968 not switching on with its own power cable and flashing / blinking with other modem power cables
2017-10-24 14:15:41
suggest to call the local technical support:
India

For Indian Users Only (English & Hindi Service)

Toll Free:1800 2094 168
E-mail:support.in@tp-link.com
Service Time:10:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday to Saturday.
Tel:0252-22652519 (Monday to Friday)
Options
Re:All lights on my tp-link td-w8968 not switching on with its own power cable and flashing / blinking with other modem power cables
2017-10-24 15:15:23
yeah i know that. Thank you and already tried emailing and calling them but in vain

They haven't replied to my email.

When i phone call on the numbers they tell always their engineers are busy and not available. They gave a number to give miss call. But that won't work either. I just want to confirm whether my modem has gone beyond repair. Anybody with such modem problem experience can post in forum too.
Options
2017-10-25 17:27:37
have you tried to reset the modem router by press the reset button for 10 seconds?
If still not work, the modem router should be faulty and cannot repaired, suggest replace it if still under warranty
Options
2017-10-26 18:38:51

Shield101 wrote

have you tried to reset the modem router by press the reset button for 10 seconds?
If still not work, the modem router should be faulty and cannot repaired, suggest replace it if still under warranty

Yah, thanks but tried that already bro. It's still not working. I think it's not anymore under warranty. i bought it around late 2013. So, it's warranty period (i.e., 3 years) is over.
It's not much (only 2000 rupees or so). I think i have to order another one. Lasted quite a longer :'( . I will use my geeky ways and try repair it :P :) Thanks for reply though.
Options
2017-10-26 18:40:53
Как открыть ресторан или бар? Все ответы Вы можете найти у нас на форуме Ресторанного франчайзинга. На форуме ресторанного франчайзинга будет: 30 И БОЛЕЕ БРЕНДОВ РЕСТОРАННОГО ФРАНЧАИ?ЗИНГА 6 ДОКЛАДОВ МЕЖДУНАРОДНЫХ СПИКЕРОВ С РЕАЛЬНЫМИ КЕИ?САМИ И ИСТОРИЯМИ УСПЕХА 14 ЧАСОВ ОБРАЗОВАТЕЛЬНОИ? СЕССИИ Выставка франшиз Зал презентации франшиз Практические доклады: управление, маркетинг, финансы, сервис, персонал и юридические вопросы Представители поставщиков оборудования, продуктов питания и напитков, IT технологии и сервисов для ресторанных сетеи Все подробности здесь http://franchisegroup.com.ua

Do you guys have no other work; except smearing your ads and logo feces all over the place. literal dumba**es :mad: It's a specific forum made for a specific purpose leave it alone.
Options
2017-10-27 17:12:15

tm3 wrote

Yah, thanks but tried that already bro. It's still not working. I think it's not anymore under warranty. i bought it around late 2013. So, it's warranty period (i.e., 3 years) is over.
It's not much (only 2000 rupees or so). I think i have to order another one. Lasted quite a longer :'( . I will use my geeky ways and try repair it :P :) Thanks for reply though.

you are welcome :o
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1132

Replies: 6