TD-W8970B enable pppoe passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-14 15:04:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I have a DSL connection that the TD-W8970B is acting as modem/router. The ISP supports up to 3 pppoe connections behind the main router(eg for playstation, xboz, or even another router). When i have the ISPs modem/router i can connect devices behind it and make the pppoe call. Unfortunately i can not do pppoe calls when TD-W8970B is as modem/router. How can i enable that feature, please?
Options
11 Reply
Re:TD-W8970B enable pppoe passthrough
2017-11-15 16:42:55
Do you try Bridge connection on the modem? Then the device connected to the modem needs to do PPPoE connection to get internet access, but no internet access on the modem.
Options
2017-11-15 18:55:59
Hi. I do not want bridge connection, since the ISP supports 3 simultaneous pppoe connections.
i would like to have the TP LINK modem router having one pppoe connection and behind it to have two other devices having different pppoe connections at the ISP.
Is there a way to enable ppoe passthough in the TP lInk?
Options
2017-11-20 19:53:32
Internet connectivity is very much important nowadays as it helps students a lot in solving their assignments. In order to have uninterrupted internet connection, student should always opt the latest model of TP-Link Router so that the WiFi signals could be able to reach as far as they can.
Options
2017-11-21 14:25:53
Hi stephenbrian. thanks a lot for your reply, but i think you missed the question. i asked if it is possible for the router to have pppoe passthrough. if yes, how do i enable it?
Options
verification
2018-02-02 14:43:17
The National Student Clearinghouse is a nonprofit organization founded in 1993 by the higher-education community to track students who received loans to help pay for college tuition. Graduate schools provide enrollment information, while the NSC verifies to lenders that students are taking the necessary coursework. Since expanding its services, the NSC currently holds records for more than 137 million students and 3,500 institutions of higher education, covering 98 percent of the current enrollment in both public and private colleges and universities. Today, the NSC continues to provide enrollment, diploma verification, and transcript services to students, lenders, and employers.
Options
My router isnt working
2018-02-02 14:47:20
I am using that device and connect to my LAN but this didn't work I need to convert LAN to WIFI... Is this possible?
Options
2018-04-27 17:18:53

atux_null wrote

Hi. I do not want bridge connection, since the ISP supports 3 simultaneous pppoe connections.
i would like to have the TP LINK modem router having one pppoe connection and behind it to have two other devices having different pppoe connections at the ISP.
Is there a way to enable ppoe passthough in the TP lInk?

Generally speaking, if you have configured tplink modem successfully, there is no need to dial up with another PPPoE account on behind device which is connecting to tplink modem, such as router.
never see this option on tplink, so i don't think it's supported.
Options
seo
2018-07-17 18:37:01
The term DSL modem is technically used to describe a modem which connects to a single computer, through an Ethernet Port, USB port, or is installed in a computer PCI slot. The more common DSL router is a standalone device that combines the function of a DSL modem and a router and can connect multiple computers through multiple Ethernet. https://getprovider.com
Options
2019-02-19 16:28:20

there is no need to dial up with another PPPoE account !

--------------------

دوربین مداربسته

Options
2021-11-27 07:22:21

@atux_null i would like to have the TP LINK modem router having one pppoe connection and behind it to have two other devices having different pppoe connections at the ISP.
Is there a way to enable ppoe passthough in the TP lInk? AIMS Education

https://www.aims-education.com/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1989

Replies: 11

Related Articles