VR900 v2 - IPv6 woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR900 v2 - IPv6 woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR900 v2 - IPv6 woes
VR900 v2 - IPv6 woes
2017-11-17 20:07:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've recently installed a VR900 v2 to replace an Apple Airport/Modem combo I've been using for some time.

The wireless is great, but the firmware doesn't seem very friendly to IPv6 tunnels.

I have a 'tunnelbroker.net' IPv6 tunnel which I set up from my Ubuntu laptop and which worked fine on the old Apple Airport, but now it appears that the VR900 won't do the outbound NAT for IPv4 packets containing protocol 41 (IPv6 encapsulation). Occasionally I get one ping packet through, but then everything after that disappears.

This is particularly disappointing given that the IPv6 tunnel support within the firmware is limited to DSLite, 6RD and 6to4 and doesn't have the necessary 6in4 support needed to make a 'tunnelbroker.net' tunnel work.

Is the router supposed to be blocking outbound encapsulation? It seems very strange that it should do so.

Of course it would be much nicer if I could put the HE.net 'tunnelbroker.net' tunnel into the router directly (RFC4213). I was a little disappointed to find the router doesn't support static IPv6 tunnels.
Options
1 Reply
Re:VR900 v2 - IPv6 woes
2017-11-20 19:45:46
Hi, better to email support.uk@tp-link.com to check the issue with them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 1