Archer C8 AC1750 Problems after Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-18 02:20:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi.
I have a router Archer C8 AC1750.
I have updated the firmware today to the latest version that I found in TP-LINK website for hardware version 1:
Archer C8(US)_V1_160517
Before anyone asks, I'm sure my router is V1.
After the installation I noted a few things:

1) I lost many configuration options, what's strange since an update is supposed to make things better and increase options not decrease.
Example: Now I cannot limit the bandwidth of my guest network anymore! Any way to get this option back without rolling back the firmware? Not even sure if it's possible to roll back a firmware, since it
might block the installation since it's an older version than the one already installed.
2) The management page in the browser keeps asking for a login after very short periods (like 3-5 minutes of inactivity). Besides that, I need to relogin every time I try to use a new tab in the browser.
Is it possible to fix it?
3) The worst problem that is happening now is that the file sharing seems to be using SMB1 now, but before I think it was using SMB2. I have the latest version of Windows 10 (17 November 2017),
and it complains a lot about compatibility, security, etc. After the router's firmware update windows is not allowing me to access the Hard-driver that I have connected to the router anymore. It complains it's
using SMB1 and it's unsecure, that I need to use SMB2. So, this windows 10 warning indicates that SMB2 was running before the firmware update otherwise I would have had my access blocked before
the firmware update and that didn't happen.
4) I made a backup of the router's settings before upgrading the firmware, but that served me for nothing since the backup file seems incompatible with the new firmware version and I can't load it.

So, this firmware upgrade seems very awkward to say the least.
I lost options in the router manager, SMB seems to be running an older version of it, the backup settings file is incompatible, etc.

Can anyone help me to fix some of these problems?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C8 AC1750 Problems after Firmware Upgrade
2017-11-20 19:59:29
Hi,

1) Yes, the new web GUI has removed the bandwidth of my guest network. Not sure if you can downgrade it, you can have a try.
2) Did you try different browsers or devices?
3) Don't know about it, you can email tp-link support at support@tp-link.com.
4) In the Notes of the latest firmware on the Website, it says
Old firmware’s configuration file cannot be imported into this new firmware.
Options
Re:Archer C8 AC1750 Problems after Firmware Upgrade
2017-11-20 21:35:30

vieldcs wrote

Hi,

1) Yes, the new web GUI has removed the bandwidth of my guest network. Not sure if you can downgrade it, you can have a try.
2) Did you try different browsers or devices?
3) Don't know about it, you can email tp-link support at support@tp-link.com.
4) In the Notes of the latest firmware on the Website, it says
Old firmware’s configuration file cannot be imported into this new firmware.

Thank you. I'll Email the support right now. Hope they can fix some of these problems.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 2