Archer D7 freeze each day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D7 freeze each day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
61 Reply
Re:Archer D7 freeze each day
2018-01-24 00:17:25
Just an update on my end, I've disabled the 5Ghz band for almost a week now and have not had any problems. My Android devices are still connected to the WiFi and am using my Chromecast. Of course, this is not a fix but just a way to get by for now.
Options
2018-01-25 01:44:35
Same here, disabling the 5GHz network the router works fine.... but that's one of the reasons that made me buy it! :mad:
Options
2018-02-04 22:54:48
Double post
Options
2018-02-05 01:04:45
hi all, google claimed the solution of our problem has been provided with the latest Google play service update. In my case with the D7 i'm still experiencing crash of the Modem, is it solved on your side?
Options
2018-02-26 04:59:56
hello,

disabling the 5g is working cool and fine with chromecast, however as many the reason i bought this router was for 5g, now i have a very costy 2.4Ghz rooter; with no open source extension, nor very useful capacity, it seems also that beta-firmware isolate's chromecast so it will not work at all, the good news with 2.4Ghz an all work the last time i restart the router is near a month, however i don't expect that the problem is linked to android only.
it's not professional at all, if a mere smartphone can shutdown a router, or a mere chromecast a router responsibility is to provide isolation from internet in the mean while provide internet access to as many equipement to its spec authorized WITHOUT RESTRICTION (if android isn't supported it should be mantioned on it's box and the consumer will or not buy it with respect with at, witch will make their products trust worthy, witch is not the case TP-link doesn't provide a help and focus merely on android with no communication nor restriction (If they are sure enough, can they made an official comm on that, sure they WILL NOT, the press will surely pulverise their commercials and google will not miss that :)) )

in all case you can use this product with 2.4ghz and buy a more trust worth router outside tp-link offers their support is from 0 to 10 -> a mere 3
Options
2018-02-27 02:22:29
I'm telling you all, it's not the chromecast issue. This is another issue.

In january, italian Tp-Link support told me this (translated):
the problem is caused by recent updates on clients (I guess android devices but maybe also win10 laptops) to fix the KRACK issue. We're working on a firmware to solve the problem, but it'll be some weeks until it passes the necessary tests. In the meantime, please keep the 5ghz network disabled.

It is now the end of February and I wrote them again. On the 21st they replied:
sadly the new firmware isn't ready yet

I think they're just telling us lies. It is a relatively old router and I don't trust that they will fix it.
They are making fun of all their customers!
Options
2018-02-27 18:19:51
there's a new beta - https://www.tp-link.com/au/download/Archer-D7.html#Firmware

you need to flash your D7 to australia firmware first (howto is mentioned on same page) and then flash the beta.

I did the same with my india firmware based router. It has been stable for 3 weeks now
Options
2018-02-28 19:16:44
I haven't good knowledge about it but i seen here lots of replies. I serve the time and get well knowledge from here.
Options
2020-06-20 09:38:36

@oualidos I haver the AX 10 and its an peace of shi@ . It firmware is up to date it locks up hard like every week . Camera stop working and all . makes me want to chunk this thing in the trash can . Also they make an version 1.20 so that cant be an good thing .

Options
2020-07-13 01:42:57 - last edited 2020-07-13 01:43:40

All the best to welcome you to us 

Options
Related Articles