Add additional DYDHS providers to Archer VR900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-24 21:03:15
Model : Archer VR900

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.2v004c

ISP : BT

I do not wish to use Dyndns or NO-IP.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
Am I able to add another provider. If so, how?

Thanks,

Mike

Options
3 Reply
Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you need to work for it ;)
2017-12-05 05:49:30
Hi Mike ,

Yes there is , but it involves hacking the config file to allow a change of this .

Go to www.kitz.co.uk and search on their Forum for VR900 , the answer is there .

It works fine on my VR900v2 the v1 should be a very similar mod.

P.S. you need to edit your title its not DYDHS its Dynamic DNS (Dynamic Domain Name System) ,you may get more search hits and therefore answers.
Options
Re:Add additional DYDHS providers to Archer VR900
2017-12-08 18:57:57
Well, Dink's answer can solve any software problem because it even change this router to another.Such as change a Google Nexus to a Samsung with the OS change.
Do you want to change a TP-Link to a Dlink?
Options
Re:Add additional DYDHS providers to Archer VR900
2017-12-19 05:48:58

alec_alec wrote

Well, Dink's answer can solve any software problem because it even change this router to another.Such as change a Google Nexus to a Samsung with the OS change.
Do you want to change a TP-Link to a Dlink?

Strange answer Alec ?

If you don't understand , or cannot comprehend what I am suggesting please refrain from commenting on my posts, stupid replies like that

just make you look like a text bandit that likes to see their name on a forum posting.

All he wants to do is use something other than DynDns or NO-IP , which is a straight forward change of a line of text and an IP address in the

configuration file ( The file that you make as a backup of your settings ) , its not dangerous like changing an OS on device or rooting , if your change

doesn't work simply re apply the un modified configuration file and try again.

Alec you are making it sound way too complicated.

1/ Make backup file from router.
2/ Make a copy of backup.( so you have a good un modded configuration file if needed )
3/ Modify " backup.conf " file then upload to router.
4/ If mods are successful , you are done.

5/ Mods not quite right or Router acting strange ...re upload original config file .

or at worst use Factory reset button on back , and after re boot of router, re upload good config file.

6/ Try again .

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DAMAGE OR BRICK YOUR ROUTER DOING THIS.

Dave.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 3