internet TV "freezing"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

internet TV "freezing"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
internet TV "freezing"
internet TV "freezing"
2017-11-28 02:20:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently upgraded to fibre broadband and Ookla speed test reports 50Mb down and 20Mb up. I use a TP-link TL-PA4010 to inject the broadband in the mains and a TP-WPA4220 to connect my TV, Apple TV, HD recorder etc. via an Ethernet switch.

All appears to work well works well but my internet TV regularly goes into a kind of buffering mode and freezes. I can wait 5 minutes and nothing happens. Sometimes I have to close down the programme, or reboot all devices (and even the router) to get it to unfreeze. This is far, far worse than it was before I had fibre (then it just used to buffer for a minute and then resume). I have spoken with my ISP (PlusNet) and they have suggested I contact TP-Link.

When it goes into freeze-mode a speed test through the same TP-link shows indicates no loss of speed or ping. The problem appears to be the same whether I and watching via my TV, Apple TV, or HD recorder box.

Any suggestions

KeithW
Options
3 Reply
Re:internet TV "freezing"
2017-11-28 10:51:46
How about use wireless connection? And whether there are some interference in your circuit? Have you changed the QoS?
Options
WiFi not really an option
2017-11-29 01:50:15

p0et wrote

How about use wireless connection? And whether there are some interference in your circuit? Have you changed the QoS?

Wifi in that room comes from a WiFi Powerline Extender so probably would have the same problem. Changing QoS is beyond my level of understanding experience.
Options
Re:internet TV "freezing"
2017-11-29 16:45:53
have you upgraded it? try the latest firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 3

Related Articles