No WiFi calling through VR2600 ADSL Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-03 00:41:02
Model : VR2600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Vodafone

I'm currently with Vodafone broadband and have been using the VR2600 as a modem with no issue for the past few months. I've just bought my wife an iPhone SE on a Three contract specifically for the WIFI calling. I've not been able to get it to work all weekend, the best I had was the Three WiFi Calling came up on the phone before going back to one bar. I changed the VR2600 for the original Vodafone modem and the WiFi calling worked straight away.

I've checked the firmware and its using the latest one on the TP-Link website.
Options
2 Reply
Re:No WiFi calling through VR2600 ADSL Modem
2017-12-06 07:37:22
The ongoing problem with this particular model is that I suspect 'fast NAT' still hasn't been disabled, despite all the problems it causes. That means uPnP doesn't work, no matter how much the actual modem settings might say otherwise.

All I can suggest is that you get onto TP-Link support and if they can't pull their finger out at last, insist on a refund authorisation. Then go get a VR2800, which works.
Options
Re:No WiFi calling through VR2600 ADSL Modem
2017-12-08 18:52:20
I agree with Dandemon that maybe something wrong on Fast NAT.
Go to tp-link support for any firmware to solve this
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 2