RE200 connecting problem (username or password incorrect).

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-13 22:32:55 - last edited 2021-08-04 03:28:15
Model : RE200

Hardware Version : RE200 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 170707 Rel.60109n

ISP : Ziggo

Recently I bought a wifi extender because the wifi signal was not strong enough, the RE200.
So setting it up the first time went perfectly, no problems. However after I changed the name and password of my main router I had to connect my extender again.
I did exactly the same as last time but I can't get it to connect.

These are the steps I take:
1. I plug in the extender and wait for it to boot up.
2. I connect with my laptop to the default network name of the extender: TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz.
3. I go to my browser and go to tplinkrepeater.net. (which also suddenly stopped working on chrome but works on firefox). By the way I also tried using 192.168.0.254 instead which did work on chrome.
4. I log in with the default username and password: admin. username and password are both default admin.
5. It logs in and I go through the Quick Setup Wizard.
6. So it asks me to select my main router, I select it and it either goes to a Blank Page or it says: username or password incorrect (It also tells me to check if capslock was not on and to reset the extender).

So I have tried resetting the extender multiple times, I have also updated it to the latest firmware. Even putting in the name and password of my main router manually did not work. I still have the same problem.
To be clear: I logged in to tplinkrepeater.net. I got to see the settings of the extender, but when I try to connect it to my main router it either gives me a blank page or says my username or password is incorrect while I already logged in.

I tried everything multiple times but it does not work, while I had no problems setting it up for the first time.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work?
Thanks.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE200 connecting problem (username or password incorrect).-Solution
2021-07-25 09:18:19 - last edited 2021-08-04 03:28:15

@Jonas i tried safari and i got the setup page working... in contrast to both chrome and firefox...

safari showed http://tplinkrepeater.net:80

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:RE200 connecting problem (username or password incorrect).
2017-12-21 17:04:23
weird,maybe you need to contact with the support
Options
2017-12-21 17:45:07
Is there any screenshot about your issue?
I think that will be helpful
Options
2020-04-14 17:44:15

@Jonas I just bought a new WiFi extender Model : RE200. I'm facing the same issue :(

Jonas wrote

Model : RE200

Hardware Version : RE200 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 170707 Rel.60109n

ISP : Ziggo

Recently I bought a wifi extender because the wifi signal was not strong enough, the RE200.
So setting it up the first time went perfectly, no problems. However after I changed the name and password of my main router I had to connect my extender again.
I did exactly the same as last time but I can't get it to connect.

These are the steps I take:
1. I plug in the extender and wait for it to boot up.
2. I connect with my laptop to the default network name of the extender: TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz.
3. I go to my browser and go to tplinkrepeater.net. (which also suddenly stopped working on chrome but works on firefox). By the way I also tried using 192.168.0.254 instead which did work on chrome.
4. I log in with the default username and password: admin. username and password are both default admin.
5. It logs in and I go through the Quick Setup Wizard.
6. So it asks me to select my main router, I select it and it either goes to a Blank Page or it says: username or password incorrect (It also tells me to check if capslock was not on and to reset the extender).

So I have tried resetting the extender multiple times, I have also updated it to the latest firmware. Even putting in the name and password of my main router manually did not work. I still have the same problem.
To be clear: I logged in to tplinkrepeater.net. I got to see the settings of the extender, but when I try to connect it to my main router it either gives me a blank page or says my username or password is incorrect while I already logged in.

I tried everything multiple times but it does not work, while I had no problems setting it up for the first time.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work?
Thanks.

Options
2020-04-21 10:54:44

@Don2020 What's the hardware and firmware version of your RE200?
Please login to extender, and go to "System Tools--> Firmware Upgrade"

Please try to confirgure RE200 via Tether APP or the following page. 

Options
Re:RE200 connecting problem (username or password incorrect).-Solution
2021-07-25 09:18:19 - last edited 2021-08-04 03:28:15

@Jonas i tried safari and i got the setup page working... in contrast to both chrome and firefox...

safari showed http://tplinkrepeater.net:80

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5070

Replies: 5