VR600 Telstra NBN Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-14 05:14:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought a new VR600v and cannot get it to connect to the NBN FTTN with Telstra. Has anyone been able to set one to do this and if so, what settings did you use?

Thanks
Options
5 Reply
Re:VR600 Telstra NBN Settings
2017-12-14 09:14:21
FTTN often use the VDSL for the last miles broadband. And the TPLINK Quick Setup often contain the ISP information in their routers. Did the quick setup and choose ISP as Telstra not work?
You could call the hot line or livechat with TP-LINK and i think they must know how to set with special ISP.
Options
2017-12-15 01:06:52
Yes I know that VDSL is used and that's what I have. I purchased the VR600v as it was NBN ready however all of the ISP choices in the setup are for ADSL services. I have to select Other to be able to set VDSL as the technology. That means I need to know all of the Telstra nbn settings which I don't have. I am disappointed with the VR600v purchase because it does not have the selections for VDSL.
Options
2017-12-15 06:37:24
Thanks alec, I know about the VDSL connection. Let me explain the situation a bit better. I bought the VR600 as it had a sticker on the box saying it was NBN ready with VDSL support. When I connected it and started to set it up, none of the ISP setup options were for NBN or VDSL, they are for ADSL ISP only :mad: I have to select "other" as a choice and then try to enter individual parameters to get it to work with VDSL etc. To date, nothing I have chosen has worked.

If I cant get it working, it has been a waste of money and I will need another modem. I will try the TP Link help.
Options
2017-12-15 10:30:08
Hi Red. I think i understand. The tplink should give you a options about VDSL ISP and they do not. Actually i had the same issue ago. I have a ADSL line first and work with a VR400 but when i upgrade to a VDSL, it did not show any options of VDSL ISP also. I fixed it by a factory reset and the second time i tried Quick Setup, it did show the VDSL options !

So you may also need a factory reset. Make sure your telephone line has been upgraded to VDSL, and then, go call TP Link.
Options
2017-12-16 08:33:59
Thank you alec :) Great advice, I will give that a try. My service is been converted to VDSL for about 6 months. The Telstra gateway modem is playing up however and has failed. I want to have another modem that can work as a backup.

Cheers
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1930

Replies: 5