Archer D7 crashes when device connect to wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-15 22:33:41
Model : Archer D7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1.6.0 0.9.1 v002d.0 Build 170303 Rel.38074n

ISP : Tiscali

Greetings from Italy,

I'm having issues with my Archer D7.

When me or my girlfriend gets home and smartphone get connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless, the router suddenly crashes. 5GHz wireless disappear, 2.4GHz wireless does not work (not connected to internet nor to any service inside the network. Neither the router administration page is reachable), and when I try to disconnect and reconnect to the wireless, I'm unable to reconnect. When I try to reconnect to the only wireless available, our android devices (I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, my girlfriend got a Oneplus 2) sometimes says that the password is incorrect, sometimes just it does not get connected.

This happens ONLY when the router is idle for long time (there is no one at home and the only thing connected to wireless is the Nvidia Shield TV to 5Ghz wireless lan)

I have stuff connected by cabled lan using a TP-Link powerline AC2000 and a TP-Link powered hub and when the router is working, all the devices works correctly:

- My Desktop PC (Turned off)
- Netgear ReadyNAS (Always on)
- Banana Pi Pro (Always on)

After rebooting the Archer D7, everything comes back to normality and both wireless works again.

I know that the devices works before getting home because I can reach it from outside (I'm using a DDNS Service and I'm able to reach the router and the other devices connected correctly.)

Since on my Banana Pi Pro I have installed Pi-Hole (ads blocker), my internal lan/wlan has been setup with primary DNS pointing to the Banana Pi Pro. Secondary DNS points to Google DNS (8.8.8.8).

I tried the beta firmware but the problem is not solved. Since the administration page is not available, I'm unable to check the router logs.

Any help is appreciated.
Should you need any other relevant info, please advice.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D7 crashes when device connect to wireless
2017-12-17 20:24:09
Update:I managed to install rsyslog son my bananapipro in order to catch logs when router crashes, but there is nothing relevant (level debug). Just devices with their mac addresses connected and disconnected to router.
Options
Re:Archer D7 crashes when device connect to wireless
2017-12-18 17:38:01
Try not use your Samsung Galaxy wifi to connect the router several days. I heard that sometimes it possibly kill the router.
And several days after, you may need to contact tplink support.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 2

Related Articles