VR2800 USB storage not writeable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 06:16:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After a few troubles I successfully got my USB hard drive set up with my new Archer VR2800 router and could access it on my Windows 10 PC. However recently I have stopped being able to write to it, I can still read from it but any attempt to write, e.g. create a new folder, I get the following error in Windows Explorer

An unexpected error is keeping you from creating this folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error: 0x80070032: The request is not supported

I have tried googling the error but not found anything relevant, and the error remains after restarting the router.

I don't know if it's related but when I try to remove the disk through the web interface, I get the error
Error code: 6102
Cannot detach the Logical Volume in use.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I have searched the web and this forum but didn't find anything matching this error.
Options
5 Reply
Re:VR2800 USB storage not writeable
2017-12-18 09:18:52
There are there ways on TPLink router to share your files in USB driver: Media share(use DLNA protocol), Windows file share (use SMB protocol) and FTP (use FTP protocol). Media share only allow access media files, FTP only allow read, and only SMB allow read and write. Which way did you choose to access your USB driver?
Options
2017-12-18 09:23:23
Cannot detach the Logic Volume in use. Did you have find the same error in Windows? When you plug your USB into a windows PC, and open a file at your USB driver in Windows, you will receive the same error if you want to remove the driver but forget to close the file.
That is the same on router. If you want to remove the USB driver but some file still open,you will receive the same error.
So i think you should have a check and reboot the router to make sure all the files are closed.
Options
2017-12-19 01:43:25
Thank you for your suggestions, the storage device is enabled for samba ("Media Server, Network Neighbourhood, FTP and http"), I was able to access and write to the device, but I cannot anymore. I have not changed the router configuration since it was previously working

I have tried rebooting the router but I still have the same error.
Options
2017-12-20 14:47:13
So is the USB HD can be detached by windows without any error? If it is not,maybe you need to check your USB HD.
Options
2018-01-02 00:35:38
Sorry for my late response. Yes the hard drive is still readable by Windows. I tried this yesterday and immediately after plugging back into the router I could read and write files over the network again, the problem seemed to be solved. However, about an hour later the error had return and I could no long write to the network drive
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1352

Replies: 5