LB110 Bulbs Using 100% CPU of Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-27 03:31:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,

After connecting a TP-Link LB110 to my home network my internet connection failed almost immediately. I have managed to observe that the CPU usage on the router jumps up to 100% when the bulb has power. Has anyone else seen this happen?
I am using a Vodafone Connect router which cannot be replaced. I have power cycled the router several times to no avail. When I turn off the bulb at the light switch the CPU usage drops to less than 10% and my internet connection returns, but the same thing happens again when I switch the light switch back on.
I have 3 TP-Link smart plugs which have worked perfectly for over a year.

Can anyone think of what the bulb is doing to cause the router to run out of processing power?
Options
2 Reply
Re:LB110 Bulbs Using 100% CPU of Router
2017-12-27 18:52:28
Can you see from router side about the flow generate by LB? How much is it?
Options
Re:LB110 Bulbs Using 100% CPU of Router
2017-12-27 19:10:12
Unfortunately the router becomes so slow it's unusable and it doesn't provide much information or logs anyway, all I can see is the bulb has 2 connections according to the NAT mapping table but I can't download the table to see what those connections are whilst the bulb is connected.I'm going to be trying it at someone else's house today with a Virgin Media router so I will report back with what happens.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2

Related Articles