Newbie Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Newbie Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Newbie Question
Newbie Question
2017-12-28 21:04:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Apologies in advance if this seems like a stupid question. So, I have my Deco M5 set-up and working. What I have done is turned off the wifi of my BT Homehub and everyone connects directly through the new Deco wireless. I have my set-up in router mode. I am a little confused by the AP mode and whether I should be using that. Not really an issue, as everything is working, I just want to make sure I have it all right.

One more quick thing, on the parental controls I have two questions. Firstly, is it not possible to have a profile identified with devices without logging their activity? Secondly, is there a way to get hold of the full history from the child's browsing activity?

Many thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:Newbie Question
2019-10-08 05:18:47 - last edited 2019-10-08 05:21:37

If you want to use parental controls, you need to run as router. In access point mode, the Deco's will be used as a wireless switch, without any extra options. So no web filtering, because a main router should do that job.

And no to your other 2 questions, when you set up a parental control profile, visited sites will be logged. On top right of the insights page there is site history, but I think it might only contains 100 or so recent entries. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 1

Related Articles