Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection
2018-02-24 10:45:16
Try turning on SRA (seamless rate adjustment) in the advanced DSL settings. By default it's not enabled, but it should be.
Options
Re:Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection
2018-02-26 11:20:35

Dandemon wrote

Try turning on SRA (seamless rate adjustment) in the advanced DSL settings. By default it's not enabled, but it should be.

This helped for me...
Quicker connection too...all round better performance that before
Options
2018-03-15 09:09:46

Brett_Harris wrote

This helped for me...
Quicker connection too...all round better performance that before

Nope mine still looses internet connectivity at random times every day. Gone back to my old ASUS which works fine.

Going to take it back "as not fit for purpose"
Options
2018-03-16 10:21:53
If I reboot it it works fine. I can’t work out if this is an isp issue or the router but I expect it’s the router.
Options
2018-03-29 04:56:22
My be due to my same problem errorPlease configure your DNS manually
Options
2018-03-29 14:59:38
if you see this error info, it maybe a faulty modem. contact tp-link support and ask for replacement.

dr.m_gaber wrote

My be due to my same problem errorPlease configure your DNS manually
Options
Disconnected message
2018-06-29 05:08:05
I have identical issue. I bought this 6 months ago for my talktalk service but after a few weeks of disconnection issues gave up. Talktalk told me this router is not compatible with their network. I have now switched to plusnet and am retrying again, but again the same issue, but worse. Intermet connects, then disconnects within minutes and flips in and out. After trying all the different settings i have given up and gone back to the basic plusnet supplied router.

Bought from amazon and it even says on the box compatable with plusnet and talktalk. But its useless, so unless i hear of a fix i will try to get it refunded as not fit for purpose / faulty.

Help anyone?!
Options
Send it back
2018-06-30 01:12:27
Loads of people have the same issues. I tried 2 of them and got the same issues. If anyone can recommend a decent router that actually works please let us know. I have an Asus DSL-AC88U and it’s also poor. I have tried 2 of these. It’s a different issue the the tp-link where it fails to give out up addresses sometimes. So I am looking for something better.
Options
2018-07-05 16:17:01

r55boy wrote

I have identical issue. I bought this 6 months ago for my talktalk service but after a few weeks of disconnection issues gave up. Talktalk told me this router is not compatible with their network. I have now switched to plusnet and am retrying again, but again the same issue, but worse. Intermet connects, then disconnects within minutes and flips in and out. After trying all the different settings i have given up and gone back to the basic plusnet supplied router.

Bought from amazon and it even says on the box compatable with plusnet and talktalk. But its useless, so unless i hear of a fix i will try to get it refunded as not fit for purpose / faulty.

Help anyone?!

Have you updated the latest firmware for this router?

If yes but still the same issue, it's recommended to email tp-link support for further help directly.
Options
2018-07-06 05:37:00
Mine has been working rock solid for the last 6 months (BT Internet). It never drops the connection. As mentioned update the firmware but also reset the router to factory default sett8ngs, especially after updating the firmware. Then set it up again.
Options