Archer D9 hard drive problems data loss.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-26 10:24:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

2 issues .

First I have a seagate 8TB backup plus hub that isn't recognized.

Second is I have been using a 4TB WD Passport for about a week. During a ftp upload the drive disappeared, then reappeared with a new folder name, and the shocker 1.5TB of 2.5TB was missing. The data missing was like alphabetical in the root but also in each folder that wasn't deleted was missing files similarly alphabetically. I won't be using this without a backup again :-( . I have managed to recover the files though.

The device details

Hardware Version:Archer D9 v1 00000000

Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 160303 Rel.58582n

I am using NTFS on all drives.

I have recently read that the firmware I am on has bugs and that a beta is needed to downgrade. I have sent an email to tplink as well about all this. I hope I can get some help. I am quite disappointed with the device and tplink, as data loss like that is unacceptable. Before using the 4TB drive I was using 2x1 TB drives for many weeks with no issues. Before using the D9 I was using a huawei hg659 which would randomly corrupt data when using samba to read not write! ( caused by a faulty lan card crc check) I have read about netgears causing data loss. I think I am about to give up on routers with usb.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D9 hard drive problems data loss.
2018-01-27 11:19:12
Support contacted me but offered no solution to the data loss yet. Managed to get the 8TB working in the usb 2.0 port but the 3.0 port doesn't work. Not keen to use an 8TB drive with the chance of data loss like that on it. I have my 4TB connected to the router again, fingers crossed(with backup this time).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 1

Related Articles