HS-105 smart plug - Asus RT-N66R firewall preventing remote access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-05 08:36:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 2 HS-100 and 3 HS-105 smart plugs. I set up all 5 no problem using the Kasa app for IOS on my iPhone. All 5 plugs work flawlessly on local wifi but out of the 5, the 3 HS-105's only work sporadically remotely on cellular. (The 2 HS-100's have no issues) It seems to be related to the router firewall because if I turn off the firewall, they work perfectly. I have tried uninstalling, factory resetting and re-installing, rebooting my router, etc. but the problem persists. The router is an Asus RT-N66R and I can't seem to find firewall settings that would fix the problem. I don't think port forwarding would work since you can only open ports for one IP address. I have also assigned static IP addresses to all devices. Any ideas??? This is frustrating since the remote access is important to me.
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS-105 smart plug - Asus RT-N66R firewall preventing remote access
2018-02-12 17:23:29
I heard that for HS105 support team have a beta firmware which may solve your remote connection issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 1