Changing Wireless Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-08 17:11:33 - last edited 2020-09-15 09:51:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I was wondering when we will be able to change the wireless channel the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks are using.

Currently the Deco is picking the most congested network in my area which is leading to connection issues.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Luke
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changing Wireless Channel-Solution
2019-12-16 08:24:52 - last edited 2020-09-15 09:51:30
Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:Changing Wireless Channel
2018-02-19 18:38:10
Are TP-Link active in this forum, i can see a lot of new unanswered topics?
Options
2018-02-21 02:27:55
This seems like such a simple ask?
Options
2018-05-20 02:24:01
Any news about this? Just bought a kit of 3 Deco units, everything works great (or at least until now :p), except it takes from the 5Ghz band the only and most congested channel, the 36 one. Every other channel is free, except this one, who is heavily congested everywhere in my house. I thought it would at least auto select the free ones, but no, it stays with the 36 like there is no tomorrow. Tried to reboot the entire system multiple times, but with no luck. Is there a way to force the switch? Does it use the channel 36 even for you guys? Thanks
Options
2018-05-23 17:46:23
TP-link is working on this, but there is no definite date when this feature will be supported so far. we may need to wait for some time.
Options
2018-06-03 12:12:37
How do we get this on the next release?
With loads of smart home devices to connect to and control with Alexa, we need easy access to 2.4GHz
Options
2018-07-15 22:45:36
Any updates on this feature? Really doubting to switch to another WiFi Mesh solution because of the lack of WiFi channel settings support.Every time Deco reboots it’s on another channel. This is causing issues with my zigbee setup because of 2.4 ghz interference.I want to have a fixed WiFi channel that doesn’t disturb my Zigbee setup....
Options
Deco M5 and 2.4 GHz
2018-07-16 08:40:57
To set up my 2.4 devices I changed my Operating mode from Router to Access Point, connected the devices (on 2.4GHz (magically some how) and then changed back to Router (and they stayed connected).
All fine now.
Options
2018-08-30 11:30:23
I want this feature... not only are my units choosing the worse channel for my home (since there is a two story apartment bldg next door), but I've also noticed that my 5ghz devices are not getting 5ghz all the time... in fact, my latest version Roku Stick+ are always connecting on 2ghz... we need some real access to advanced settings for channel and frequencies...
Options
2018-10-31 00:36:15
I agree, we need to be able to select a channel that is not congested.
Options
2018-11-01 01:05:02
after having the system up in my home for a few months now, I have noticed that although it DOESN'T choose an open channel for my Wi-Fi, it does slide devices around between 2GHz & 5GHz pretty well... for example, my Rokus connect by default to 2GHz, but just doing a simple video quality test or start a stream of a movie, and the Decos switch it to 5GHz and give it all the speed it wants... but then as the Rokus idle, they slide back to 2GHz... this is a nice feature... living in a home with 6 PCs, 4 TVs, 4 Rokus, 2 Chromecast, 2 Xbox, 5 smart phones, 3 chromebooks, 1 media server, 2 tablets, and 2 IP cameras as well as other devices/appliances - this system does a great job... I had dead spots before, now I don't... currently I'm rewiring my home so I can add backhaul on the all the decos, but just one wired at the moment is giving my full 175Mbps internet service to all devices whether wireless or not... although a great product, I would REALLY REALLY like to choose channels that are not congested by all the apartments around my home... but kudos for making a really solid and smart device...

to add something I noticed, these decos are broadcasting SSH protocol on port 22... I'm trying to hack the login/password needed to gain full access... the hope is that there is a config file that sets "preferred" channels or even gives the option to set a channel... I will update if I gain access...
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7653

Replies: 15

Related Articles