NAT type and the Playstation PS4 is having issues with NAT Type 2 even on DMZ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-22 05:12:22 - last edited 2020-06-28 09:15:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Sometimes I like to play on my Playstation (PS4). I am getting an issue when playing Call of Duty: WWII where I cannot play with my friends and join their lobby. I have a TP Link Archer VR400.

I have checked the Nat Type and it is Strict and Type 2. So, in the hope to fix this, I did the following:-

1. Set the PS4 to connect to the internet over LAN
2. Set a static IP/Gateway/Subnet/DNS etc on the PS4
3. Added the PS4 to the DMZ in the Archer VR400 control panel using its assigned IP address
4. Tested the connection on the PS4
5. Still says I have NAT Type 2
6. I rebooted PS4 for a refreshed connection to the TP Link Archer VR400 but same result
7. I ran CoD: WWII on my PS4 and the game tells me I have a Strict NAT Type 2 and will have trouble connecting to other friends which is true because I cannot at all

How is this still happening if I have added the PS4 to the DMZ?

Please help.

John
Options
7 Reply
Re:NAT type and the Playstation PS4 is having issues with NAT Type 2 even on DMZ
2018-02-25 19:49:38 - last edited 2020-06-28 09:15:25
Go: advanced > Nat forwarding > upnp - enable it.
Options
Re:NAT type and the Playstation PS4 is having issues with NAT Type 2 even on DMZ
2018-03-16 14:50:35 - last edited 2020-06-28 09:15:25
Does your router have public WAN IP address? If not, DMZ or port forward on the router is not enough. Need to do it for the tplink router on the front-end device, e.g. modem. Contact playstation and tplink support to get some advice.
Options
2018-03-27 14:49:07 - last edited 2020-06-28 09:15:25
Model : ARCHER VR400

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I have recently just purchased a TP LINK ARCHER VR400 router, my previous ISP one got fried and also damaged my ps4 pro Ethernet port. So im forced to use the wifi on my ps4 pro. I opted for a VR400 since it had good ratings for its 5Ghz wifi. The router works great with every device in the household , even the ps4 over wifi for downloads and so on but when trying to play online or in a party chats with friends...its THE DEVIL! i constantly get disconnected from party chats or kicked out of online sessions and sometimes get a "Nat type Error" even tho im on Nat type 2, which is the right Nat Type. I've tried everything i possibly could from DMZ. to port forwarding and setting up a static IP for my ps4 pro....no luck. Searched the web and most people are saying its TP link that does not play well for Sonys PS4....which i hope is not true.

Is there something im missing in the routers setup so it can sync better with my ps4 pro?

Please help.

Tiggz
Options
2020-06-28 05:30:56 - last edited 2020-06-28 09:15:25

@johncove 

Hey,

I got the similar problem tried everything possible, but at the end went to Advanced settings->NAT Forwarding-> UPnP(initially it was enabled for my router) and disabled it.

And  after doing this was able to connect to the online game for PS4.

Options
2020-10-19 03:47:49

@RohitKhetrapal i did fhis and was able to connect to.  online games but nat is still type3 but at least i can play thanks dude

Options
2021-04-21 18:30:51

@RohitKhetrapal I had a problem with connecting my PS4 to PSN. Looks like disabling UPnP helped! Not it connects blazing fast. Thanks a lot

Options
2021-07-02 12:02:51

The PS4 NAT Type issue usually occurs due to poor internet connection or due to the incorrect network settings in the PS4.

To fix this try changing the PS4 NAT Type this help you to set up the correct connection with your PS4 Console.

• NAT Type 1 – Open
  • NAT Type 2 – Moderate
  • NAT Type 3 – Strict

Hope this works for you but if not then Configure Network Settings Manually in PS4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 18910

Replies: 7

Related Articles