Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-25 07:36:27 - last edited 2020-08-30 00:56:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue with this modem / router VR2800.
When you connect to the nbn vdsl2 it has your max line speed and actual speed.
Once connected the max line speed starts to drop below the connected speed , thus if i was to reconnect or the line dropped out i would then have a slower speed.
Also this modem does not sync the the max speed possible compared to other modem routers i have used.
I think the line sync issue needs to be fixed with a new firmware , unless anyone else has any other ideas.
I Have Tried Different Annex Combos , SRA On , Dt Line on Ect With No Improvement.
If Anything SRA AND DT Make the line speed decrease.
Any Help would Be Fantastic.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed-Solution
2020-08-30 00:54:49 - last edited 2020-08-30 00:56:47

@Vingtetun 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

May I know the hardware and firmware version about the Archer VR2800?

Where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Could you please help me check the upload and download speed on the modem, maybe a picture of the DSL status page would be highly appreciated;

Later we would like to forward your case via email and please have a check of your message box.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed
2020-07-11 16:06:53 - last edited 2020-07-12 14:38:58

@levi 

Hello

Did you get a solution? I am having exactly the same problem. 

Anytime i try to upload every other device connected wirelessly or wired cannot download. 

Options
Re:Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed
2020-08-28 19:08:17

@levi I'm having the exact same problem

As soon as I perform an upload (for instance to google drive, or youtube), attempt to stream to twitch via OBS, or even go on zoom and/or microsoft teams calls - anything that requires significant uploads, my ping times go through the roof - capping out at 2500ms.  Downloads become totally unusable whilst any significant upload is in progress.

I've been on live chat to their team all day today trying to solve it.  Also has cost me £65 as i reported a fault to my provider and they sent out an engineer who found absolutely nothing up with my connection.

5 different "agents" today - every time they have me reboot, I connect to a different one and we start from the beginning again....

Options
Re:Archer Vr2800 Dropping Max Line Sync Download & Upload & Not Getting Full Line Sync Speed-Solution
2020-08-30 00:54:49 - last edited 2020-08-30 00:56:47

@Vingtetun 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

May I know the hardware and firmware version about the Archer VR2800?

Where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Could you please help me check the upload and download speed on the modem, maybe a picture of the DSL status page would be highly appreciated;

Later we would like to forward your case via email and please have a check of your message box.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-30 16:03:35

@Sunshine spoke again via online chat to an agent at the end of the week.
They decided that a phone call with tech support was needed and promised a call back in 1-2 hours.

No call arrived.....  It's now 2 days later.

However:

Firmware Version:0.4.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 200227 RC.63688n Hardware Version:Archer VR2800 v1 00000000

Upload and download speeds are fine.... 

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 6421 38986
Max Rate (kbps) 6421 39120
SNR Margin (dB) 6 6
Line Attenuation (dB) 38 17.9
Errors (pkts) 90 832

Engineer visited on Satuday and tested everything.... there are 0 faults on the line so the problem is the Router.
The only thing that prevents the listed error is to run on QoS and set it marginally lower than the tested rates.  However, I'm not happy with this as a long term solution, given that the cheap provider Hub works "out of the box" and without these problems.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1682

Replies: 4