HS110 - Automating switch on/off for AirBnB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-02 18:13:48
Model : HS110

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on the form and a new TP-Link smart device owner.
I purchased 3 HS110 smart plugs to control the geyser, fridge and dehumidifier in my house which I happen to now be renting out on AirBnB.

What I would like to try and see is if anyone knows it to be possible to setup some automation through IFTTT or Stringify or any other service so that the plugs automatically switch on for the days that the AirBnB booking has been booked?

The closes I have been able to figure out is via IFTTT buy setting up a rule that checks my iCal on my iPhone and if a new entry is done to a specific calendar is torn on, but this wont work as I need it to only turn on, on the day the booking is to be and then turns off at a certain time on the day of checkout.

I am able to pull the booking data into my iCal directly from AirBnB and into a specific calendar, but thats as close as I have gotten.

Anyone got any ideas or some direction I could go in?

Thanks in-advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 - Automating switch on/off for AirBnB
2018-03-06 14:23:05
HS110 can only be action in IFTTT. You need a device that supports IFTTT and can act as trigger to create applet to turn on the HS110 once it's triggered. I think you need to explore iCal or AirBnB.
Options
Re:HS110 - Automating switch on/off for AirBnB
2018-03-06 16:07:49
Thanks @ Shield101
I have tried with IFTTT and the iCal
way, but unfortunately it doesn't give enough control in terms of when it should trigger.
I can have it turn on/off for a specific calendar event, but the only "trigger" it offers is "Turon ON/OFF when a new calendar entry is found in calendar "X" which doesn't help, as I would like it to turn on at a specific time and only on the day the event is to happen and not when the event is created. Would also then want it to turn off at a certain time on the day the event ends.

I know its quite specific and probably;y not possible at this point with default actions, but was just hoping someone out there had some idea :)

Thank you though.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 2