HS105 constant disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-11 00:53:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Has anyone been experiencing a constant disconnect from their network with the HS105? I bought these at Christmas 2017 and they have been a constant issue. Every day at least one, and usually multiple, has disconnected and has to be unplugged and plugged back in. This always reconnects the device but its completely useless to have a wireless plug-in that cannot be reached without manual intervention. The light turns orange when the disconnect happens.

I have contacted support and they suggested a firmware update. All plugs are fully up to date.
I have changed channels on the router. Nothing

I am using an Orbi router system which supplies steady 150 Mbps connection speed at the location of all plugs. I have 15 Hue lights, 2 Wemo smart plugs, 1 tp-link smart switch, 3 Sonos speakers, 3 Arlo cameras and base station and not one thing has any of these troubles. Even the TP-link smart switch is always connected and responds every time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Options
6 Reply
Re:HS105 constant disconnect
2018-03-14 10:35:51
How far is the HS105 away from your router? Put it in the same location as the smart switch, if the same problem occurs, it's probably HS105 is faulty. You can demonstrate to tplink support
Options
2018-03-15 22:47:37

Kevin SG wrote

How far is the HS105 away from your router? Put it in the same location as the smart switch, if the same problem occurs, it's probably HS105 is faulty. You can demonstrate to tplink support

Thanks for the suggestion.

The HS105's are 5'-15' away from the router, the same as the switch. I suppose it could be a bad batch of plugs.
Options
2018-05-10 21:26:26
I have a HS110 with an Orbi - mine does not only disconnect but the whole plug turns off - the only way to reset is unplug the smart plug and plug it back in then it works for another 3-5 days..

I have reset the smart plug x2 times and it has the current latest Firmware. I am using my plug for a hot water heater and is very frustrating waking up in the morning with no HOT water..
Options
Re:Re:HS105 constant disconnect
2018-12-15 16:17:44

Same issue.  I have the original plugs and just got some minis.  Never had any problems with the larger plugs but since I got the minis, all the plugs are acting up.  I need to walk around the house and unplug and replug at least a couple a day.  So frustrating.

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS105 constant disconnect
2018-12-27 14:53:48

Same issue, I bought 4 HS105 mini smart plugs and they constantly disconnect even with latest firmware 1.5.2 and strong signal strength -59dBm to -66dBm. It’s very frustrating and dump to have replug 4 smart plugs every day and multiple times a day.

By the way, I have 3-way light switches and they all stay connected on same Wifi.

Is there any solution or are all the HS105 smart plugs garbage?

Options
2019-01-10 02:26:06

Same issue, I bought 2 HS105 mini smart plugs in 2017.  They worked perfectly until recently.  They constantly disconnect even with latest firmware and strong signal strength. I have to replug smart plugs every day and multiple times a day.  I believe it is a firmware problem and hope D-Link can solve it quickly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 870

Replies: 6

Related Articles