RE200 Range Extender connection keeps dropping down!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-15 02:40:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My Internet connection (Not Wifi) keeps dropping down on RE200 and only from the range extender not the router, I tried editing the IP from dynamic to static, I also tried to change the channel on my router which didnt help at all too,No matter how many devices are connected.
Any help? Thanks in advance.
Options
9 Reply
Re:RE200 Range Extender connection keeps dropping down!
2018-03-15 14:25:43
If the light goes off and on, update firmware of the extender. Contact tplink support further troubleshoot.
Options
2018-03-16 03:46:58
Im already updated to the latest version of the extender.
Options
2020-04-02 08:08:33

@OctaDude 

Hi,

Do you still have the same problem or did you managed to solve it? This keep happening to me also. Already updated to the latest firmware and keeps happening.

Any help would be great :)

Thanks

Options
2020-04-09 23:44:35

@OctaDude I'm having this issue too. Is there a fix??

Options
2020-05-07 03:40:49

@OctaDude Hi, same is happening to me. This started happening after I hit it lightly

Options
2020-05-22 11:48:23

@OctaDude Same problem but with th RE455 dual-band extender onto an Archer MR200 4g router. I've just replaced the old extender I had, an AC500, and initially it worked like a charm - super speed and solid connection, but within 24 hours it started dropping internet connection again.

The extender does not lose the wireless connection, only internet. If I connect directly to the router the internet does not drop. Pretty much the same issue I had with the old exteder. Very unusual.

Options
2020-05-22 11:50:05
Note: When I say "If I connect directly to the router" I mean direct to the router's wi-fi (skipping the extender). It's as if the router keeps denying any extender access to the internet every few minutes.
Options
2020-05-28 12:22:41
When the issue happens, please login to RE455, then sent me a screenshot of that status page. Then I can check that, then provide some suggestion maybe.
Options
2021-06-14 19:39:05

@OctaDude 

think I've got this fixed. I basically accessed my routers options and deleted devices that were saved on there, which I was now connecting via the extender. Therefore no reppeating I.P. address, and then just make sure you always only connect to the extender with the devices you want to use with it as oppossed to both that and the main router. Seems to have fixed it for me! been 4 days and no drop outs. 

Also reccommend high speed mode - router 2.4 to extender 5ghz to everything. 

OctaDude wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My Internet connection (Not Wifi) keeps dropping down on RE200 and only from the range extender not the router, I tried editing the IP from dynamic to static, I also tried to change the channel on my router which didnt help at all too,No matter how many devices are connected.
Any help? Thanks in advance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4707

Replies: 9