Deco won’t connect to cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-27 04:18:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.Today I was trying to setup my deco m5, and I though it would be easy.I downloaded the app and followed the set, all the way to where you are asked to name your WiFi-network and create a password.After naming the network and provide it with a password, the app is setting up the network, but the app says that it can’t connect to the tp link cloud.I have tried hitting “try again” numerous times, I have tried with another cellphone and the problem is the same.When I plug my modem straight ind to my laptop there is a internet connection.When I have named the network and so in the app and it fails, I can on my laptop detect a hidden WiFi with a strong signal (I assume this is the network the deco has created) but I can’t acces this WiFi Hope my explanation makes sense.What could the problem be?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco won’t connect to cloud
2018-03-27 20:47:46
there is a second ethernet port on the main deco. If you connect a laptop to it,is internet working?
if no, check with your isp if there is mac address limit. reboot the modem when you are doing the app setup.
if yes and you have a old router, you can put old router back and connect deco to lan port of old router. Then use the app to finish the setup. After that connect deco back to modem and test internet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1434

Replies: 1