Deco BE65 won’t connect to Internet after reboot

2024-03-09 08:10:04 - last edited 2024-04-02 09:33:44
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20231211 Rel. 70549

This set upMy set up is as picture above.

Main Deco BE65 refuse to connect to Internet after normal reboot, after reboot main Deco BE65 is showing red light and stays there. It fails 100% of the times I've tried to reboot

I have found a workaround, but I refuse to have a solution that won't work properly.

This is how I solve the problem today.

First step, I disconnect the network cable from the main Deco that is connected to a TP-Link network switch. This network cable is the connection to the network switch, that is feeding the cable backhaul connection to the two other Deco's.

After I have disconnected networkcable, I disconnect the power cable on the main Deco, then reconnect power, the main Deco reboots and starts up again,  showing green light. (this connection is also confirmed up and running with ok in the Deco app).

Second step, I reconnect the network cables feeding backhaul the two other Deco BE65 via the network switch, then everything reconnects and up and running perfect....this hack works every time. Full speed no IP conflict or other problems.

My set up, is exactly as picture above. Deco BE65 in set in default WIFI router mode. Main Deco BE65 is connected directly into ISP modem, default settings on everything. All is based upon cable Cat6 backhaul solution. 

I am using a TP Switch TL-SG108 8 port after main Deco, and the two other BE65 is then connected to this switch. I have also activated Guest WIFI.

So as you understand I am not particularly impressed with the DecoBE65 software

any tips?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco BE65 won’t connect to Internet after reboot-Solution
2024-04-01 15:52:58 - last edited 2024-04-02 07:34:36

@David-TP sorry for late response.

I have used a lot of time today, to find the cause of the problem. Today I plugged in one and one wired device to the network and restarted the Deco nettwork each time, to find out if it was one single device causing the problem.

And to my big suprise I found that my latest gen. wired Apple TV was causing no Internett on the TP-link mesh. When I unplugged the Apple TV everything was up and running. I changed to WIFI on the Apple TV and then problem was solved.

however I have not found the real cause to this issue.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco BE65 won’t connect to Internet after reboot
2024-03-11 07:54:21

@TC12 

Hi, Apart from the BE85 units, are there any other devices that are connected to TL-SG108?

There used to a similar feedback here:

Main Deco staying solid red after rebooting when working with Zmodo devices

I wonder whether it might be quite like your case.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco BE65 won’t connect to Internet after reboot-Solution
2024-04-01 15:52:58 - last edited 2024-04-02 07:34:36

@David-TP sorry for late response.

I have used a lot of time today, to find the cause of the problem. Today I plugged in one and one wired device to the network and restarted the Deco nettwork each time, to find out if it was one single device causing the problem.

And to my big suprise I found that my latest gen. wired Apple TV was causing no Internett on the TP-link mesh. When I unplugged the Apple TV everything was up and running. I changed to WIFI on the Apple TV and then problem was solved.

however I have not found the real cause to this issue.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 2

Related Articles