Slow garden room connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-29 04:10:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had good performance in my house with variety of different TPlink powerline adapters either 500 or 600, with utility showing transfer rates typically 120-180 Mbps. I have a garden room which is about 100 feet from the house but struggle to get more than 50 and the signal appears to be intermittent with drop outs in speed frequently interupting streaming video. The circuit appears to be on my main consumer unit as one of the fuse circuit breaker switch turns everything off in the room. Any ideas if this is because of the distance or whether there could be any way I could improve the signal in any way. Sorry my electrical knowledge is not great and as the house is quite old I do not know how the wiring is configured except that all the power is controlled by a single consumer unit.
I tried new 130 Mbps units which gave a big speed increase within the house but made no difference in the garden room. If anything the signal using the TPLink 1300 units was less stable.
Thanks for any advice.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow garden room connection
2018-03-29 15:37:18
it is hard to tell. but you can refer to this FAQ and try the steps mentioned ..
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/faq-409.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 1