TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

42 Reply
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2022-08-17 15:31:36

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin!

After 3 weeks I can finally say that I changed something, and it helped :)

Answering your questions - yeah I've completely replaced the router cause thought that's the issue. AX1500 (AX10) was from my ISP, and I bought brand-new AX3000 (AX55). As I said - nothing changed, software of router and iOS devices is up-to-date.

I was trying to adjust all settings to differ from wireless networks around me - that does not work either. I was getting DNS issue on all iPhones and rarely on macbook.

But, my last try was to change DNS on apple devices - changed DNS from automatic - default 192.168.0.1 to manual - 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 from Google, and I haven't got any DNS issue from more than a week, since I changed that setting.

Will update if something change.

Maybe it will help someone else, worth trying :)

Options
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2022-09-24 06:33:22

For what its worth.... had the same issue here for years. Tp link eap 225 (2) giving regular hassle on ios devices. Tried everything but now

bought a single unifi u6 lite and its been nothing but excellent. All devices on 5g plus the newer on wifi6

its sad as the omada controller to me is a better portal to configure than the unifi network app but hey

Options
2022-11-20 03:56:03 - last edited 2022-11-20 03:56:56

@dmaksymec I found the problem and I know the solution, well kind off...

There's a WiFi setting on your phone called "Private Wi-Fi Address" this thing masks your real IP address to something different everytime you connect to a Wi-Fi. This helps in reducing targeted ad tracking via IP addresses. But in order to do this the iphone has to provide the router with different IP and Mac Address. The Router however thinks a new device has connected to the network and might not register multiple devices to its routing table maybe a DDOS protection or something like that and hence even if the phone is connected, the network doesn't work.

The only solution is to just turn off that WiFi setting or forget the network and reconnect. Both of which aren't full proof. I mean turning off the setting just defeats the purpose of using an iPhone for privacy and the second solution is temporary. Everytime your network fails you'll have to do it again.

Options
2023-05-14 19:23:40

I'm using a TP link AX 53 router and have been facing the issue with Apple devices for quite some time now. 

I contacted TP link and they even replaced my brand new router but still the problem persisted so I tried changing the ISP but that didn't help. 

I have turned off the private network in the settings of iPhone and iPad, so far it seems to help but I'm still observing it.

Options
2023-05-15 04:47:05

@GarryB11 I mentioned above how forgetting the network and re-logging solves the issue temporarily but it becomes a hassle and you have to keep doing it every 2-3days.

This frustration got me and I reset the router to its factory settings, rolled back the firmware to the original one with no updates and guess what? This issue went away. Now this might not work for everyone as newer routers come with updated firmware from the factory but it worked for me, So just leaving this comment here, you guys can try resetting to original factory settings.

Options
2023-05-15 09:18:26

@Kau07 

What's the model of your router? What's the firmware you are running with?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-28 01:41:47 - last edited 2023-05-28 01:42:49

Firmware Version:

1.0.2 Build 20220519 rel.54580(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX73 v2.0

My iPhone 12 is unable to connect to the router's Wi-Fi. It keeps saying 'password is incorrect' even though I have verified that it is 100% correct.

After rebooting my router as well as bringing it back to factory defaults for dozens of times, adjusting each settings to see which particular setting is causing the problem...

I found out that disabling WMM seems to be the issue. It is enabled by default, and initially thought of disabling it because I don't want the router to auto-manage network prioritization of connected devices.

It is under Advanced > Wireless > Additional Settings.

Try enabling WMM if you are facing the same situation.

As for another problem I have is that my iPhone 12 and my wife's iPhone 14 cannot detect 5 Ghz Wi-Fi, even though other devices (Android and Windows-based) can.

I've tried everything that I can think of on both sides (router and iPhones). Still unsolved.

Interestingly, I tried using a friend's iPhone 7 Plus running on older iOS, it was able to detect the 5 Ghz Wi-Fi.

Options
2023-08-22 10:26:06 - last edited 2023-08-22 10:51:32

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to disabling the Wi-Fi assist feature on your iPhone.

Options
2023-09-12 05:14:13

I have the same problem on professionnal installation.

About 1200 iPads connected on 54 eap.

I have 265hd, 613, 650 and 653.

Same problem. At times, some iPads are well connected to the network, have a full signal, don't go round in circles and don't have an internet connection. I've already tried a bit of everything but nothing works and support can't find anything.

Options
2023-10-25 09:08:34

@dmaksymec 

Yes still same issue started with tp link router 

AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router

i am not able to connect in any apple device (iphone 11 and 14 ) both and ipad 11 

Options
Related Articles