Cannot connect the Wifi on Macbook Air (Invalid Password)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-01 13:05:12
Model : TL-WPA4220KIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.0.3 Build 20171011 Rel.42507

ISP :

Hardware Version: V3

I have found that some users have reported the same issue. Tried all of those solutions but still in vain.

Here is the problem encountered:

When I use the Macbook Air to connect the Wifi, it keeps prompting the error message "Invalid Password".
But I am 100% sure the password is correct and it happens only on the Macbook Air, I can connect the Wifi using iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

I have tried the hard reset, downgrade the firmware, upgrade again but still in vain.

So I tried to set the Security to "No Security" and without the WEP/WPA/WPA2 password required it works like a charm, however... yes you know, not practical at all.

I am suspecting there might be an encode, encrypt/decrypt issue when my Macbook Air and WPA4220 are connecting.

Ultimately, I had hard-reset the extender and use the default SSID and password provided by the user manual to check if there are any hints, but still cannot connect while other devices work as a charm.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I can access the root router without any issue.

My Macbook Air version:
Mid 2011, High Sierra version 10.13.3
Options
15 Reply
Re:Cannot connect the Wifi on Macbook Air (Invalid Password)
2018-04-04 16:36:07
how about the wireless connection via your router with the same security type?
try to use wpa/wpa2-personal, auto channel/encryption
Options
2018-04-15 08:56:02

Shield101 wrote

how about the wireless connection via your router with the same security type?
try to use wpa/wpa2-personal, auto channel/encryption

I tried all the security setting via. the root router (AC60) with no issues, it is just the matter I cannot connect the TL-WPA4220 via. my Macbook Air once its security option is on.
Options
Same problem.
2018-05-08 04:13:54
Model : TL-WPA4220KIT

Firmware Version : 3.0.3 Build 20171011 Rel.42507

Macbook Pro version: late 2011

macOS Sierra version 10.12.4
Options
2018-05-08 15:31:58
How about change another fixed wireless channel?
Options
2018-05-08 20:54:53

Enson Loo wrote

How about change another fixed wireless channel?

Still not working.
Options
Same problem
2018-05-12 14:48:40
I have the same problem on my 2011 Macbook Pro.

Without password it works fine. No matter the other wifi settings; channel, band, mode etc..

But as soon an i choose a password (WPA2) it does not connect: "Invalid Password".

My Moto G5 phone connects however... but Mac Mini does not
Options
Same issue here
2018-06-12 14:18:45

tp001 wrote

Model : TL-WPA4220KITHardware Version : Firmware Version : 3.0.3 Build 20171011 Rel.42507ISP : Hardware Version: V3I have found that some users have reported the same issue. Tried all of those solutions but still in vain.Here is the problem encountered:When I use the Macbook Air to connect the Wifi, it keeps prompting the error message "Invalid Password".But I am 100% sure the password is correct and it happens only on the Macbook Air, I can connect the Wifi using iPhone, iPad and Android devices.I have tried the hard reset, downgrade the firmware, upgrade again but still in vain.So I tried to set the Security to "No Security" and without the WEP/WPA/WPA2 password required it works like a charm, however... yes you know, not practical at all.I am suspecting there might be an encode, encrypt/decrypt issue when my Macbook Air and WPA4220 are connecting.Ultimately, I had hard-reset the extender and use the default SSID and password provided by the user manual to check if there are any hints, but still cannot connect while other devices work as a charm.Thanks in advance!PS: I can access the root router without any issue.My Macbook Air version:Mid 2011, High Sierra version 10.13.3
Ive got exactly same issue here with macbookpro late 2011 on Mavericks. Same firmware Version : 3.0.3 forTp4220 kit.So i can figure it out that is not a mac problem, but tp-link issue that always give me “invalid password”.Have tried almost everything on router (cisco dpc3925) and tp-link: set to “wpa2 personal”, clone configuration and password, set sameChannel on both, changed password, created another ssid, but always get same invalid password alert.But mu iphone connects fine, and if i remover password request works fine to. So If wifi feature doesnt work, how this solution is for? Did someone solve that? Tp-link admin didnt have a answer for that issue?Did anyone with an macbook could get connected with wifi wpa4220?
Options
2018-06-17 10:54:34

Fpenna wrote

Ive got exactly same issue here with macbookpro late 2011 on Mavericks. Same firmware Version : 3.0.3 forTp4220 kit.So i can figure it out that is not a mac problem, but tp-link issue that always give me “invalid password”.Have tried almost everything on router (cisco dpc3925) and tp-link: set to “wpa2 personal”, clone configuration and password, set sameChannel on both, changed password, created another ssid, but always get same invalid password alert.But mu iphone connects fine, and if i remover password request works fine to. So If wifi feature doesnt work, how this solution is for? Did someone solve that? Tp-link admin didnt have a answer for that issue?Did anyone with an macbook could get connected with wifi wpa4220?

I don't think anyone with this issue has his/her problem solved. Yet, no TP-LINK admin tried to investigate this issue as I know.
Options
Invalid password Solved for macbookpro 2011
2018-06-18 04:20:55

tp001 wrote

I don't think anyone with this issue has his/her problem solved. Yet, no TP-LINK admin tried to investigate this issue as I know.
Ive just found out and that solved for my macbook pro.Go to ip address that is assigned to your wpa4220 (not your main router). It might be something like 192.168.1.x (x mine was 12), default password might be admin, password admin if didnt have changed it yet.Then go to wireless->configuration->advanced, and just change encryption from “auto” to “TKIP”’and thats all. Save configuration and try login with your password. I think that macbookpro late 2011 have some issues with “AES” and when i changed to TKIP, it works for me.Hope that helps others...
Options
2018-07-28 08:43:47

Fpenna wrote

Ive just found out and that solved for my macbook pro.Go to ip address that is assigned to your wpa4220 (not your main router). It might be something like 192.168.1.x (x mine was 12), default password might be admin, password admin if didnt have changed it yet.Then go to wireless->configuration->advanced, and just change encryption from “auto” to “TKIP”’and thats all. Save configuration and try login with your password. I think that macbookpro late 2011 have some issues with “AES” and when i changed to TKIP, it works for me.Hope that helps others...

Got the same problem on Macbook Pro Mid 2010. Changing to TKIP has not solved my problem. Anyone has got a better idea?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 16087

Replies: 15