Archer VR900 BT Port Fowarding Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-02 05:18:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello people,
I am having serious issues setting up my new VR900 so i hope i can get some fresh eyes and brainpower on it!
I work in IT so I have a fairly decent knowledge but I am attempting to set up a home server to access away from home which is new territory for me.
I have bought and setup an HP Proliant server to tick over in my garage which I want to host my photos from my photography work and my music archive so I can access it for anywhere with internet. My wife is currently expecting our first child and I would like to use my server to host photos that relatives over the uk can log in and download without having to reduce picture quality or resort to dreaded facebook!
I have bought a NoIp account to use for my ddns server which I have put into my router and its logged in working fine. I am using filezilla to set up my server as it seemed the easiest to get to grips with and its free lol
I tried setting it up using my stock BT home Hub 5 but It flat out refused to forward any ports regardless of what I told it to do so i figured it would be best to upgrade my router for something a bit beefier.
I bogut the Archer VR900 which was a breeze to get working on my internet connection (BT infinity totally unlimited), HOWEVER!
This router is doing exactly the same thing when trying to forward ports, in fact its actually worse as i can only successfully forward port 3389 for use with remote desktop. Everything else remains closed regardless of what i tell the router to do, even random numbered ports refuse to open. I even tried putting the server in the DMZ which made no difference. I have assigned my server a static IP outside the routers DHCP range, disabled uPnP but still nothing.
I put the correct ports in, with the correct ip for my server, reboot the router and port checker tells me the port is closed and my server is unreachable.
Turning off wifi on my phone and remote desktop-ing into my server works using my noip ddns host so i know that works.
What am I doing wrong, what can i try to sort this out?
Many thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 BT Port Fowarding Issue
2018-04-02 15:31:13
For your case, it's better to send email consultation to tp-link support with the port forwarding settings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles