Archer VR2800 Downloads stop when uploading large files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-03 04:23:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I was having a few issues with stability of internet connection with TalkTalk VDSL. One of which was when my son was uploading a large file, for example a video to YouTube, then no other device was able to open a web page. Effectively the download speed became so slow no other device in the house was usable. After numerous attempts by TalkTalk tech support trying to improve this and other issues I gave up and resorted to buying the Archer VR2800 modem router in case it was the equipment supplied by the ISP that was to blame.

As soon as I installed the VR2800 we tried uploading a video to Youtube and we were still able to browse webpages on another computer. I thought the issue had been resolved by installing a better quality modem router. About a week after upgrading to the latest VR2800 firmware, version 0.3.0, I thought I'd check things again and the old problem is back. Downloads stop when uploading a large file. I don't know if I just dropped lucky with the first test when the VR2800 had just been installed. Has anyone experienced this or have any opinion as to why this is happening? I've seen differing opinions on why this could be happening on other forums. Some people claiming it is normal behaviour when the upload bandwidth is saturated by uploading a large file leaving no room for ACK responses to the website providing the download.

Many thanks for any replies.
Stefano.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 0