Sony Smart TV Does not show in Android or iOS Application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-06 01:21:26
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

ISP : airtel

Dear Sir
I have configured internet correctly and everything is working fine. But I am getting a strange problem that I cannot access my sony smart tv through its android application on wifi, it just does not detect the smart tv. Smart TV is connected to the wifi and can access the internet properly.If I connect my old adsl+wifi router back the application starts detecting the tv. Please Help!!!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Sony Smart TV Does not show in Android or iOS Application
2013-06-06 14:28:53
Hi.
What is the model number of the Sony Smart TV?
Have you contacted with the supporter of Smart TV to check the problem? If so, what do they suggest?
BTW, you are using Android or iOS Application to access the TV on the mobile phone or computer?
Options
2013-06-06 15:07:39
The Model of the Sony TV is HX750
I am using android application Media Remote By Sony Corporation on my Mobile Phone.

This is not a TV Problem because If I connect back my old router everything works fine, Also the Wi-Fi on the smart tv is working perfectly i can access all the internet content on it
It just that mobile application cannot find the tv on the network when i connect through this router.
Also on further checking I have found that I cannot ping the IP of the TV from my computer, but if i ping the ip of the tv from the router diagnostic screen then i get proper reply.
Something is very strange with this model.

stella wrote

Hi.
What is the model number of the Sony Smart TV?
Have you contacted with the supporter of Smart TV to check the problem? If so, what do they suggest?
BTW, you are using Android or iOS Application to access the TV on the mobile phone or computer?
Options
2013-06-07 09:56:15
Make sure that IGMP Snooping and multicast are both enabled on the modem.
File:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 3

Related Articles