D50 internet connection speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-25 13:43:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all....How and why this happens is beyond me....I own 2 TP-LINK D50 routers....for ages I have been enjoying a blistering speed of my 8 meg rural connection until last week when it dropped to 4 meg.....I contacted my iSP and complained....they duly have sent out a technician to try and solve the problem...checking any joints in the line from the cabinet to my house. As I have been out they were unable to check the last piece in the cog before it enters the ADSL point......they confirmed to me that at the last joint..which is about 100 yards away from my house...is receiving 7+ meg.....Strange.......I disconnected the D50 and hooked up a standard Telecom Italia router....it is receiving over 7 meg.....I left this connected for about an hour and then connected the D50 back up...without a reboot or power cycle......it now shows speeds in excess of 8 meg.......I have no clue what caused that....I have never heard about a router that would cause that kind of problem....any ideas....my D50’s all have the latest revision of firmware.....
Options
2 Reply
Re:D50 internet connection speed
2018-04-25 16:19:22
now you get excess of 8 meg with D50 routers again?
Just without any other troubleshooting on the router itself?
It looks like reboot helps you get a higher speed on D50~
Options
Re:D50 internet connection speed
2018-04-26 12:57:07
I had already switched off the router for a day previously.....switched it back on...still 4 meg.......tried several reboots....still 4 meg....thats why I contacted the ISP......it seems like the Telecom Italia router somehow reset the connection if that makes sense.....so I had the D50 switched on and connected at 4 meg....I took the ADSL cable out of the back.....put it straight into the Telecom Italia router and it registered over 7 meg......an hour later I put the cable back into the D50 and it registered 8 meg.....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 2

Related Articles