TD-W8960N as an Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-28 08:35:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there, I recently purchased a TD-W8960N Modem/Router and am trying to use it as an access point in my room.I've read lots of instructions online about how to use a router as an access point, as well as watched the instructional video on the TP Link website on how to set up a router as an access point.To begin with, I connected the WAN/LAN port of my TD-W8960N to my main router's LAN port. I didn't change the IP address or anything as I read that routers with an AP function will act like that as default, and the video on the TP Link website didn't say to change the IP. This didn't work. I was able to wirelessly connect with my laptop and phone, but got no internet.Next, I changed the IP of the TP Link to 192.168.1.2, while my main router remained 192.168.1.1. I also disabled the DHCP server on the TP Link. I was then unable to connect to the TP Link with either my phone or my laptop. My phone telling me that "an IP address could not be obtained". I've tried so many combinations of the instructions I've found online and have not been able to get this to work. I would've thought that seeing as it has a AP function it should be easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8960N as an Access Point
2018-05-31 17:22:43
How about change another ethernet port of TD-W8960N to connect to your main router?
Or if you connect to the modem via a cable, can you get internet?
the settings are correct.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2303

Replies: 1

Related Articles