vr600 v2 DHCP hang and Web interface not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-02 00:16:21
Model : Archer VR600

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : VR600_V2_170504

ISP :

Hi All,

I am experiencing a weird issue with my <6month old vr600 device.

Archer VR600 V2

Symptoms:

Devices not able to connect to internet. Devices look to be requesting DHCP address and fail. Yet scope should have loads free.
Devices already on and connected are OK and continue to use internet ok with no issues - unless they are restarted or IP released and then fail to connect.
Also the Web Interface seems to be off air, despite responding to pings the UI is not responding.
Also not exclusive to WIFI as both TV and laptop I tried wired connection and again DHCP would not issue yet if I assigned a low range 192.168.1.x address I was able to get a connection but still not able to reach router interface on 192.168.1.1

General fix is reboot router and all will be well for a while. I have even set up daily reboot - still happens.

I did tinker with reserving IPs for main devices but then the UI still keeps dropping off air so not a long term or great fix.

Firmware reports to be latest as in Archer_VR600_V2_170504 but did see mention of a beta version, but not clear on provenance and if would make stability worse.

In summary whilst connected devices are ok, anything needing DHCP fails to connect and Web UI is inaccessible until a reboot.

I'm wondering whether NVRAM or firmware is corrupt.....was considering a factory reset but didn't want pain of reconfiguring, though I do have backup config file but cannot vouch for its integrity. I.e. i could reset to factory reapply back up and be back to same issue.

Any ideas, anyone seen before.....? .
Options
6 Reply
Re:vr600 v2 DHCP hang and Web interface not available
2018-06-09 01:42:20
Any ideas........even set some devices to static/reserved addresses and if not on and restarted even they fail to connect....now rebooting router twice a day.
Suspect will perform hard reset to factory settings and start a fresh ..... nightmare.
Options
2018-06-10 04:29:47
One simple thought, are you using 2.4ghz only devices on the 5ghz band, way to sort it is to use 2.4 only and the device will connect if this is the issue, this assumes you may have 2.4 disabled,

If you've turned off the pings this might also be causing this to happen,

If it was me I'd do as you are thinking and hard reset back to factory and set it all up again, it's also possible you have a duffer unit.
Options
2018-09-02 16:51:08
This sounds like my exact problem. Not able to connect to the admin interface on random occasions, and WIFI on the 2.4 doesn't connect either.
I'm now on my first replacement Archer VR600 and it did the same thing within a day!!

Very frustrating!
Options
2018-09-08 20:35:24
Hi Rob,I ended up contacting support and am currently running a beta release.It seemed to be more stable, but over the last month has a couple of router hangs. Basically unresponsive no led status beyond power,.found on return from holiday and and to reboot device.I would raise a support ticket and see if you can get some help.I am not sure if the firmware was on a time or permission restricted link but will see if I can locate. It was at least 6months ago.
File:
Screenshot_20180908-133300.jpgDownload
Options
2018-09-09 00:26:06
Yep
They have me on a beta too.
Will see how it goes.

Rob
Options
2019-02-11 12:45:06

Hi

Did the beta firmware fix your issues? I'm having this exact same problem but support have stopped answering my emails. I am on a brand new replacement model now from Amazon who replaced it even after months of use and this one also has this issue,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1336

Replies: 6