BT Infinity 2 to Sky Fibre Max Using a TP-LINK Archer VR2800 WiFi Modem Router - AC 2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

BT Infinity 2 to Sky Fibre Max Using a TP-LINK Archer VR2800 WiFi Modem Router - AC 2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-02 19:08:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all

I am moving to Sky Fibre Max (13th June - date set) from BT because they refused to help me sort a 25% reduction in download speed, some months ago. I was getting 79 meg DL & 19 Up but these days just 53 meg down. BT refuse to investigate citing their T&C's in that I'm still over the minimum (something that I didn't originally sign up for and has been thrust upon me by a renewal of my contract to obtain a new Home Hub 6 router for free) . Whether I use my old HH5 or the HH6 my speed (wired speeds these btw) do not change. I have now decided if all I get with Fibre Max is the same speed that I'm getting now, then I shall live with that. But maybe with the resetting of my line and a possible clean up, I may get more towards my estimated speeds of between 65 to 79 Meg as advised by Sky (min 53) Any thoughts?

Ok I am not really into the small details of Broadband and setting up routers can be a little too much for me, so I would like some tech help please. I would like to use a new Router that I have bought: -

TP-LINK Archer VR2800 WiFi Modem Router - AC 2800

I want to use this going forward to improve my wifi coverage and to provide more useability. I would mention that I have SkY Q Silver with 1 x Mini Box. Currently to provide better stability, Sky installed a booster, but occasionally I still get drop outs and pixelisations.

This is a combined Modem Router, so my second question is do I replace the Sky Router completely or should I operate it it in Bridge Mode alongside the Sky router, which will merely act as the modem?

I would like to be able to post stats from my Modem/Router so that someone on here can analyise any faults that may exist on my line etc etc and am not sure if I could do this using the TP-Link? I am also aware that once I go live, there will be a settling in period and wonder whether I should initially start with the Sky Router and then move over at some future date? We are a big household with many devices, most hard wired but 3 Tablets and 3 mobile phones and a couple of lap tops which use wifi exclusively, oh and a Nest to controll my central heating

Can someone help me through what to do and how I can maximise the benefits of using this modem/router please?

Looking forward to hearing from you - thanks in advance

roz
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 954

Replies: 0